Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#64984 - 01/18/03 10:38 AM Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi folks, I would like to see other peoples set-ups so I thought I'd see if I could get something going by posting pictures of my coop. It is divided up inside into a tool shed, chicken coop, and pigeon loft. I haven't gotten the pigeons yet. I built it myself so don't look too closely as I had never built anything before. Also here is picture of my girls that I emailed out for Xmas.

#64985 - 01/18/03 01:01 PM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

you did a wonderful job on it ! it is really nice, all i have is a 3 by 8 ft. pen which 10 of my chickens stay in, the others live in a little inside pen, its 3 ft square, i may have some picture.

10 mins later....

Found the pictures

This is a picture of my grandfathers barn, i was thinking about asking him if i could put some chickensin there but i didnt cause were going to build a barn this spring, the barn is back my road, my grandparents live about 5 kms up the road from me. They only use the barn now to catch the cattle in the fall. And also to store hay.

We also had a 12 by 12 ft. pen bakc in the woods but i tore that down for some strange reason, lol, dont know why. confused confused confused

But i kept my geese in it.

#64986 - 01/18/03 03:18 PM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Colin for sharing your pics. That's a pretty rooster you have. I noticed your barred rocks are banded. Are you breeding them and keeping up with the results? Do you have to worry about wolves preying on your birds up there in Nova Scotia? Wow, you could have a slew of chickens in your grandad's barn, electricity too, and looks in great shape! Thanks again, HP :p

#64987 - 01/18/03 06:37 PM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Henpecked: I like your pictures! I've been wanting to take some pictures, so I will try to do that soon and post here (If I can figure out how to do that! confused Are those Buff Orpingtons you have? I have two hens and I just love them. My son named them Daphne and Velma. Can you guess what he's into (he's 3 1/2 yrs old). :p

#64988 - 01/19/03 06:59 AM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well i tried to controll the breeding but it didnt exactly work out. And i put them on when they were too young and it kinda grew into their leg a bit.

2 weeks ago my Barred rock hen died so the potential barred rock breeding is gone, she had just started laying, i found a hige clutch of gigantic brown eggs under a bush. But they all froze.

Well there arent any Wolves around here but there are lots of hybrid/inbred coyoties, We have a huge pack of them which circle aroudnd our place, they go back to the pit which is back my road then back to my grandfathers farm and around and around. Every night i can hear them howling.

Foxes are getting a grip again around here, i think thats a good thing, but with the coyocies they wondt live because the coyoties have all the rabbits scared half to death.

Yeha the barn is huge, and it is in good condidion, good condition for being over one hundred years old. Theres holds in the floor of the loft though, lol. I was looking thorught it this summer and there are two realyl nice pens in it in the back which have doors to the outside, i was thinking of getting a llama and maybe asking him if i could keep it there, its a relaly nice cement and wood pen.

I should take a picture of the field he has behind the barn, youll be amazed, its over 100 acres. and its fields all around it also, so probably he has about 300 acres of land right there

#64989 - 01/19/03 07:35 AM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would like to see everyone put up pics of their coop.

#64990 - 01/19/03 08:45 AM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

that would be nice

#64991 - 01/19/03 09:05 AM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tranguility, yes those are Buff Orpingtons and 1 RIR. The buffs are sweet but as they age (3 years now) they have started demanding to sit in my lap and it takes a lot of time to attend to them all now. LOL. I guess since we got rid of the rooster I've taken his place so to speak. I have 2 RIR X Buff hens from when my rooster was here and they are great, dark red with buff personality.

Colin, we have coyotes here and they use my woods road at night to skirt around my house. I've never had them interested in the hen house, no tracks in the snow etc. Domestic dogs are much more of a threat.

#64992 - 01/19/03 01:14 PM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anny Offline
Coop Keeper

Loc: Belgium
Very nice pictures, nice setups.
I'll share one of my little suburb backyard coop.

Colin, ask your grandfather if I can come to live in his barn. All that space around, I envy you! cool

#64993 - 01/19/03 01:59 PM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

WOW...Anny, that hen house is really neat! Lots of detail! smile

#64994 - 01/20/03 07:26 AM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ditto for me Anny! I live in the 'burbs too. Only I'm not really allowed to have chickens. I have them on the QT! However, during the day, I let them roam around my spacious (1 whole acre!) wink yard and they really love it. I'm sure the neighbors have seen them even though I try to keep them in the back and more hidden. I'll work on pictures today! But, I want to get two more chickens in the spring. I'm thinking about going to a 4-H group and seeing if anyone has a breed that I'm interested in and possibly selling me two. P.S. what does LOL mean? confused

#64995 - 01/20/03 09:39 AM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anny, your coop looks so sweet!
The other pics won't come up for me for some reason...can't figure it out..I just have small boxes with an X in them...any ideas?

#64996 - 01/20/03 12:29 PM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anny Offline
Coop Keeper

Tranquility, LOL means Laugh Out Loud, now what's QT?
I'm sure you could bribe your neighbours with some good fresh eggs. laugh

Jennifer, same here, the other pics don't come up. If you right click on the boxes, then click properties, you can copy/paste the address into your browser and download the pics one at a time.

#64997 - 01/21/03 09:04 AM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

the pictures i posted above are not resent pictures (just so you know) right now, imagine an igloo about the size of each of the pens there and thats what they are.

#64998 - 01/21/03 10:23 AM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anny, Cute setup. What kind of birds do you have? They look extremely healthy, good job.

I don't know why my pictures wouldn't come up because, I'm a little dense I guess. They came up on my computer when I posted it but I think this must be because they were in my computer memory or something. I don't know if the problem was the web site I used for posting them or my link. Any way, I'm determined to figure it out! I,m gonna get more computer literate if it kills me!

#64999 - 01/21/03 12:33 PM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

henpecked: I didn't have any problem seeing all of the pictures from all of the people who posted them. I don't necessarily think the problem is on your end. But I'm just one step away from being a computer illiterate, so who knows? :p

#65000 - 01/21/03 12:45 PM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anny Offline
Coop Keeper

henpecked, I only have 1 Australorp, 1 black Cochin, 3 production reds and ... lots of fun. laugh
Your link is OK, so it must be the web site. Most web-picture-hosts do not support sharing. Colin's pictures didn't come up either.
They came up for you because they were in your cache memory.

#65001 - 01/22/03 07:12 AM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Trade pics? let's NOT

#65002 - 01/22/03 10:18 AM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

How do I add my pictures? I took them on a digital camera, uploaded them to a diskette and now can't figure out how to display them here. Help!! mad mad mad mad mad

#65003 - 01/22/03 12:20 PM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anny Offline
Coop Keeper

Hey Incubator, that looks very rustic! laugh wink laugh

#65004 - 01/22/03 01:42 PM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

the name of that particular jpg is "shabby"

#65005 - 01/22/03 02:03 PM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anny Offline
Coop Keeper

Tranquility, please check "my profile" for Private Message.

#65006 - 01/22/03 04:15 PM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Incubator, Honey I wish I had a camera to show you what my chooks have ended up with!! Yours is upmarket hotel in comparison. I figure it's not the coop but the quality of the care that matters cool

#65007 - 01/22/03 08:17 PM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Nancy Offline
Flock Leader

Loc: Michigan
What an interesting thread. Thanks for starting it. Well thanks to all of you, here is my coop.
(am now up to 11 chickens, from only supposed to have started out with three)

#65008 - 01/23/03 10:09 AM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Incubator, Been there, done that! We all probably started out with our own "shabby". I'm gonna try to post pics of my first set up if I can scan 'em good so you can feel at home. LOL

Tranquility, Did you get the help you needed?

Nancy, Nice coop and run. Those look like soybeans in the field behind. Do you let your hens in there to glean 'em when harvest is done?

#65009 - 01/23/03 06:53 PM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Henpecked: No,I still have to check with my provider to see if I have web hosting or something like that.

Anny: Thank you for your message. I replied in your private mail. I didn't even know those existed. Learned another thing! :p

I'll try to work on this soon! Thanks!

#65010 - 01/23/03 08:22 PM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
CJR Online   content
Coop Master

Loc: Montana
Well, I am still not savy enough to post pictures, but have some pictures of smallish Coops, along with some of mine, on my webpage: www.dutchbantams.com and click on COOPs. CJR

#65011 - 01/25/03 06:23 PM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey CJR: I LOVED your website! I think some of those coop ideas are really neat! I'm still working on getting my pictures to post.

#65012 - 01/27/03 11:57 AM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anny Offline
Coop Keeper

Right click on one of the boxes, then click properties, you can copy/paste the address into your browser and download the pics one at a time.

#65013 - 01/27/03 01:28 PM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

hey i have more pictures !!

http://groups.msn.com/forsaleandwantedadds/pyapromotionspictures.msnw

go there and check em' out !! theyre of my birds and my house and my car and the coops

#65014 - 02/07/03 05:32 PM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

anyone else want to add their pictures ?

#65015 - 02/12/03 08:31 AM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

readers add your pictures or i will torture you with another of mine.

#65016 - 02/13/03 06:14 PM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would add a picture but I don't know how!!! Plus my coops are in the development stage at this point so it would only be 'blueprints' LOL. My chickies live in several different setups thruout my property, from an actual coop/house to freerange and in a kennal at night to small cages for the banties (and sometimes the problem roos :p )

#65017 - 02/15/03 12:42 AM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Stretch Man Offline
Chicken

Loc: Australia
I tried to work out how to post photos here, but couldn't. So I have started my own MSN Group.

http://groups.msn.com/StretchmansHomeandPaddock

Most of my coops are made from recycled materials. Councils here have a bulk rubbish collection every so often so I gather things like timber(from bedheads, wardrobes etc) and I also frequent the salvage yard as well. I bought an above ground swimming pool wall for less than $20, and have about 20 metres of walls and roofs for coops. The Duck pen was built from the frame off an old Toyota ute that holds the canvas canopy. Any wood that touches the ground is treated pine.The feeder is made from a water bottle. Next time I will not be cutting big slots in the bottom part, but will drill some holes about 50mm in diameter.Hopefully this will stop the chooks from flicking the food out onto the floor.

The chook house has three levels, though only the ground floor and first floor is used. It has inspection/egg collection doors on the exterior of the pen, the bottom shelf swings up for access to the ground floor where they lay. Ihave put apiece of artificial grass on the shelf for the girls to roost on, it is easier to move than woodshavings and easy to clean too.

I have an old rabbit hutch(also found on a rubbish run) and an IR light(from the local Salvation Army shop) that I use for brooding the day old meat chicks.

I am now banned by the wife from looking at or bringing home junk(or building materials as I keep telling her) so any expansions will have to be discreetly done laugh

#65018 - 02/15/03 10:57 AM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

G'day Stretchman,
I applaud you recycling material for use on your coops. That's the very best you can do to keep our world from becoming clogged with our waste. I just recently scored a load of good chicken wire rolls that were being thrown out at our dump.
Your pens sure don't look "junky", very nice job. Thanks for sharing.

#65019 - 02/15/03 11:25 AM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

#65020 - 02/16/03 04:54 AM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

HTML code is not enabled !!

#65021 - 02/25/03 01:54 PM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have some pictures of llamas
on my photo album on the PYA,
check it out, i also have some
pictures of my chickens, just
click on the photo albums and
click my username: Colin

WWW.POULTRYYOUTH.COM

#65022 - 02/26/03 07:04 AM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Off subject:
Thestretchman, that Freeze picture with the cat is TOO CUTE!!! laugh

#65023 - 02/27/03 09:59 PM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here is a picture of my first coop. and rosecomb bantams. I have just finished a second one just like it and will put another group of bantams in it. These are just the right size for breeder groups. I well have a rooster and 3 hens in each one. It has wheels and can be moved.
http://groups.msn.com/bantamchickens/

#65024 - 03/01/03 04:21 AM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a question about your black rosecombs, are they supposed to have a solid white ear lobe like yours have ? mine have red mixed in with the white on the lobe and they lay brown eggs.

#65025 - 03/03/03 07:52 PM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just joined and enjoyed reading and seeing the pictures. I have just become a chicken keeper this past christmas thanks to my wifes co-workers and their gift to her. I never knew how many different chickens there are or how pretty. today I have 5 chickens and a hen sitting on 12 eggs. So I need to build a coop and am looking for direction and resources.

#65026 - 03/03/03 08:52 PM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Colin. Yes they have the large white. earlobes and mine lay white eggs. I suggest that you go look at
www.rosecomb.com They have many pictures of them there.

#114695 - 08/17/15 11:04 PM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops! [Re: Anonymous]
Somerzby1 Offline
New Egg

Loc: Central Coast, NSW

Edited by Somerzby1 (08/17/15 11:11 PM)

#114720 - 08/23/15 06:14 PM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops! [Re: Somerzby1]
Robbie Offline
Flock Leader

Loc: Ontario Canada
Very nice!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Moderator2