Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#64984 - 01/18/03 10:38 AM Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi folks, I would like to see other peoples set-ups so I thought I'd see if I could get something going by posting pictures of my coop. It is divided up inside into a tool shed, chicken coop, and pigeon loft. I haven't gotten the pigeons yet. I built it myself so don't look too closely as I had never built anything before. Also here is picture of my girls that I emailed out for Xmas.

#64985 - 01/18/03 01:01 PM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

you did a wonderful job on it ! it is really nice, all i have is a 3 by 8 ft. pen which 10 of my chickens stay in, the others live in a little inside pen, its 3 ft square, i may have some picture.

10 mins later....

Found the pictures

This is a picture of my grandfathers barn, i was thinking about asking him if i could put some chickensin there but i didnt cause were going to build a barn this spring, the barn is back my road, my grandparents live about 5 kms up the road from me. They only use the barn now to catch the cattle in the fall. And also to store hay.

We also had a 12 by 12 ft. pen bakc in the woods but i tore that down for some strange reason, lol, dont know why. confused confused confused

But i kept my geese in it.

#64986 - 01/18/03 03:18 PM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Colin for sharing your pics. That's a pretty rooster you have. I noticed your barred rocks are banded. Are you breeding them and keeping up with the results? Do you have to worry about wolves preying on your birds up there in Nova Scotia? Wow, you could have a slew of chickens in your grandad's barn, electricity too, and looks in great shape! Thanks again, HP :p

#64987 - 01/18/03 06:37 PM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Henpecked: I like your pictures! I've been wanting to take some pictures, so I will try to do that soon and post here (If I can figure out how to do that! confused Are those Buff Orpingtons you have? I have two hens and I just love them. My son named them Daphne and Velma. Can you guess what he's into (he's 3 1/2 yrs old). :p

#64988 - 01/19/03 06:59 AM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well i tried to controll the breeding but it didnt exactly work out. And i put them on when they were too young and it kinda grew into their leg a bit.

2 weeks ago my Barred rock hen died so the potential barred rock breeding is gone, she had just started laying, i found a hige clutch of gigantic brown eggs under a bush. But they all froze.

Well there arent any Wolves around here but there are lots of hybrid/inbred coyoties, We have a huge pack of them which circle aroudnd our place, they go back to the pit which is back my road then back to my grandfathers farm and around and around. Every night i can hear them howling.

Foxes are getting a grip again around here, i think thats a good thing, but with the coyocies they wondt live because the coyoties have all the rabbits scared half to death.

Yeha the barn is huge, and it is in good condidion, good condition for being over one hundred years old. Theres holds in the floor of the loft though, lol. I was looking thorught it this summer and there are two realyl nice pens in it in the back which have doors to the outside, i was thinking of getting a llama and maybe asking him if i could keep it there, its a relaly nice cement and wood pen.

I should take a picture of the field he has behind the barn, youll be amazed, its over 100 acres. and its fields all around it also, so probably he has about 300 acres of land right there

#64989 - 01/19/03 07:35 AM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would like to see everyone put up pics of their coop.

#64990 - 01/19/03 08:45 AM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

that would be nice

#64991 - 01/19/03 09:05 AM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tranguility, yes those are Buff Orpingtons and 1 RIR. The buffs are sweet but as they age (3 years now) they have started demanding to sit in my lap and it takes a lot of time to attend to them all now. LOL. I guess since we got rid of the rooster I've taken his place so to speak. I have 2 RIR X Buff hens from when my rooster was here and they are great, dark red with buff personality.

Colin, we have coyotes here and they use my woods road at night to skirt around my house. I've never had them interested in the hen house, no tracks in the snow etc. Domestic dogs are much more of a threat.

#64992 - 01/19/03 01:14 PM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anny Offline
Coop Keeper

Loc: Belgium
Very nice pictures, nice setups.
I'll share one of my little suburb backyard coop.

Colin, ask your grandfather if I can come to live in his barn. All that space around, I envy you! cool

#64993 - 01/19/03 01:59 PM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

WOW...Anny, that hen house is really neat! Lots of detail! smile

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Moderator2