Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#65014 - 02/07/03 05:32 PM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

anyone else want to add their pictures ?

#65015 - 02/12/03 08:31 AM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

readers add your pictures or i will torture you with another of mine.

#65016 - 02/13/03 06:14 PM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would add a picture but I don't know how!!! Plus my coops are in the development stage at this point so it would only be 'blueprints' LOL. My chickies live in several different setups thruout my property, from an actual coop/house to freerange and in a kennal at night to small cages for the banties (and sometimes the problem roos :p )

#65017 - 02/15/03 12:42 AM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Stretch Man Offline
Chicken

Loc: Australia
I tried to work out how to post photos here, but couldn't. So I have started my own MSN Group.

http://groups.msn.com/StretchmansHomeandPaddock

Most of my coops are made from recycled materials. Councils here have a bulk rubbish collection every so often so I gather things like timber(from bedheads, wardrobes etc) and I also frequent the salvage yard as well. I bought an above ground swimming pool wall for less than $20, and have about 20 metres of walls and roofs for coops. The Duck pen was built from the frame off an old Toyota ute that holds the canvas canopy. Any wood that touches the ground is treated pine.The feeder is made from a water bottle. Next time I will not be cutting big slots in the bottom part, but will drill some holes about 50mm in diameter.Hopefully this will stop the chooks from flicking the food out onto the floor.

The chook house has three levels, though only the ground floor and first floor is used. It has inspection/egg collection doors on the exterior of the pen, the bottom shelf swings up for access to the ground floor where they lay. Ihave put apiece of artificial grass on the shelf for the girls to roost on, it is easier to move than woodshavings and easy to clean too.

I have an old rabbit hutch(also found on a rubbish run) and an IR light(from the local Salvation Army shop) that I use for brooding the day old meat chicks.

I am now banned by the wife from looking at or bringing home junk(or building materials as I keep telling her) so any expansions will have to be discreetly done laugh

#65018 - 02/15/03 10:57 AM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

G'day Stretchman,
I applaud you recycling material for use on your coops. That's the very best you can do to keep our world from becoming clogged with our waste. I just recently scored a load of good chicken wire rolls that were being thrown out at our dump.
Your pens sure don't look "junky", very nice job. Thanks for sharing.

#65019 - 02/15/03 11:25 AM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

#65020 - 02/16/03 04:54 AM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

HTML code is not enabled !!

#65021 - 02/25/03 01:54 PM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have some pictures of llamas
on my photo album on the PYA,
check it out, i also have some
pictures of my chickens, just
click on the photo albums and
click my username: Colin

WWW.POULTRYYOUTH.COM

#65022 - 02/26/03 07:04 AM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Off subject:
Thestretchman, that Freeze picture with the cat is TOO CUTE!!! laugh

#65023 - 02/27/03 09:59 PM Re: Lets trade pics of our coops!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here is a picture of my first coop. and rosecomb bantams. I have just finished a second one just like it and will put another group of bantams in it. These are just the right size for breeder groups. I well have a rooster and 3 hens in each one. It has wheels and can be moved.
http://groups.msn.com/bantamchickens/

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Moderator2