Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#66992 - 10/25/05 02:47 PM Re: Bird Flu
Rob2 Offline
Classroom Professor

Loc: Pennsylvania
I dont believe for a second that Rummy nor any other govt official is hyping this. Its a real, possible threat. I DO blame the media for blowing almost any story out of proportion, and after Dan rather gate!and the lies spread by the media from the gulf area who wants to believe anything heard on network news. (There ARE alternatives)
we do need to take precautions and remain, level headed?!

Goats milk may be pre-homogenized and less suceptible to radio active fallout, but ya think its good for the flu tu?? Try a google search for dairy goats, Goats milk wasnt too good for me, I made a pound of cheese a day or more and ate way too much of it! OH, it was good!

#66993 - 10/25/05 03:38 PM Re: Bird Flu
Lacey Offline
Coop Keeper

I'm not panicing about it coming here, i am concerned some but not in a panic. What i worry about is the panic those who are unimformed will create like neighbors and government and what not. Everytime i watch the news and something about the bird flu is on they show chickens and occasionally ducks and geese. This is putting a bad impression on the minds of those who are worrying about it. They think all chickens ducks and the like have it and must be removed. They mention once in a while it is spread by migratory birds but i dont think those who dont have poultry listen to that part, they are locked in fear mode. I feel they automatically go right to great the neighbors or residents at this location have poultry of some sort we have to do something about this. My chickens dont leave my property and being chickens they dont fly (no migrating for them) however i just dont think people are taking that into consideration... i'll do anything to keep my birds safe from it but i hope people (the government) dont start persecuting those with poultry just to ease the minds of the panic stricken.

#66994 - 10/25/05 05:13 PM Re: Bird Flu
Rob2 Offline
Classroom Professor

The government wont do any thing until the public demands it. They werent being too overt about their actions until the public began to squeel, and the news media picked up on it which really moved things to a panic level(thats what dan Rather and the rest feed on). Covertly, the govt. has been working on this for several years.
As I am fond of saying, ignorance feeds panic, and ignorance is rampant. Have you noticed how many people only read part of a paragraph, or hear part of the story then run off and yak yak yak without having a clue a to what perils they may be causing. Its the same way that feelings are bruised here on the internet, people only see what they want to see and blank out the remainder which distorts the entire meaning.

#66995 - 10/25/05 05:52 PM Re: Bird Flu
CJR Online   content
Coop Master

Loc: Montana
Here is a site that you can follow, if you are in a panic--should sooth your soul.
www.poultrynews.com/ On that site, you can search for the World Health Organization (WHO) report, that has a very rational approach to the subject. And probably a reliable one. But remember, no one has all the information, and no one is coming after our chickens--OR our guns! We are keeping both. CJR

#66996 - 10/25/05 06:07 PM Re: Bird Flu
Angela Stanley Offline
Coop Cleaner

Loc: Missouri
Could all this propaganda possibly have anything to do with the new animal micro chipping bill that they are trying to pass? Is it just me, or is the timing somewhat suspicious?

#66997 - 10/25/05 07:17 PM Re: Bird Flu
Eowyn Offline
Flock Leader

Loc: California
Hmmm thats food for thought...

#66998 - 10/25/05 09:40 PM Re: Bird Flu
Blue Egg Girl Offline
Chicken

Loc: Michigan
I agree with jackrabbit.
Its media hype.
Chill.