Topic Options
#67169 - 02/07/06 08:00 PM Woman Saves Chicken's Life
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here is a link to a news story that is in the Associated Press, 7 February 2006. I won't try to summerize. Just read it...it is an great story!

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/02/07/D8FKLRN80.html

Andy

#67170 - 02/08/06 06:26 AM Re: Woman Saves Chicken's Life
Mbkarsh Offline
Chick

Loc: Minnesota
That was a great story, Andy

#67171 - 02/09/06 06:40 AM Re: Woman Saves Chicken's Life
Lacka Offline
Bantam

Loc: New Hampshire
My cousin sent me this article. (Since raising chickens I get many chicken related stories, knick-knacks and bric-a-brac. Not that I'm complaining!)

I love my girls, but I don't know if I could mouth-to-mouth my chickens.

#67172 - 02/09/06 09:26 PM Re: Woman Saves Chicken's Life
Anonymous
Unregistered

WOW. I'm not sure if I'd go that far to save one of my birds.... smile

#67173 - 03/09/06 05:51 AM Re: Woman Saves Chicken's Life
Anonymous
Unregistered

Gotta Love Her For Her Effort.

#67174 - 03/09/06 10:02 AM Re: Woman Saves Chicken's Life
Jrsygntbrdr1 Offline
Classroom Professor

Loc: Arkansas
So done it! At least, to a goose! Maybe that's why he's not normal... ya know what? She had to be real careful not to breathe too hard and burst the rooster's lungs. I mean, she's had training, but still..it's amazing to think you can use that training for another good cause!

#67175 - 03/10/06 04:40 PM Re: Woman Saves Chicken's Life
Joachim Dippold Offline
Lord of the Fowl

Loc: Austria
Hello,

i didnīt read the whole story yet due to lack of time, i will in half an hour after Bob Ross;-)

edit: Have read it, cool story, thank you for sharing!

My wife did it last year to Emma, and me too would do it without hesitation!

We didnīt get training or so, we phoned our vet-doc and he told us how to do it in real-time. Just be careful not to "overbreathe", lungs of chicken are small: Watch closely and stop as soon as you see the chest of the bird heave! Carefully is the word, just do it carefully and it will save your birdīs life!

Sadly Emma died the same week we had rescued her, but she had the chance to live another week in happiness with all her friends, that for sure was worth all the action! People call us insane over-here, though, but we donīt care, we love our pets, simple as that;-)

Rogo: I just realized the thread on chicken-IQ is closed, so iīd like to take the chance and say THANK YOU here!

Best greetings,

Joachim

#67176 - 03/11/06 11:08 AM Re: Woman Saves Chicken's Life
CJR Online   content
Coop Master

Loc: Montana
Well, saw the lady on Jay Leno last night--he flew the lady who saved Boo Boo out to CA, what a hoot! Lady is sister to the bird's owner. The bird is a dear Polish--speckled crossbreed, really a sweet bird! The lady and Bradshaw were hilarious. The Polish was more mannerly! CJR

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Foehn