Topic Options
#67284 - 10/13/05 05:04 AM Greetings all
Anonymous
Unregistered

I hope this is ok but I just wanted to introduce myself as a new hen keeper and member of this wonderful site. The site has been invaluable in doing my homework before getting the girls a week ago. Speaking of the girls...I have 3 22 week old ISA Browns and apart from being severly harrassed by the next door dog last week end (and regular attackes from the local bird life) are settling in well and laying. It is such a delight to watch them forage in the back yard and they have quite taken to me following me around the yard and return to their house just about on demand...amazing! Anyway looking forward to many years of raising happy chooks and hopefully contributing to this wonderful forum. Im in Canberra Australia by the way.

Cheers...Mark laugh

#67285 - 10/13/05 05:37 AM Re: Greetings all
Anonymous
Unregistered

welcome to the classroom at the coop and good luck!!

#67286 - 10/13/05 08:28 AM Re: Greetings all
CJR Online   content
Coop Master

Loc: Montana
Glad to have you here--saw no chooks while on a short visit to Canberra, but "local bird life"!--all exotics to us! And the birds at the Botanical Gardens were: "WOW! Welcome to the COOP. CJR

#67287 - 10/13/05 08:56 AM Re: Greetings all
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome and welcome again to the COOP. This place is the best. I've had chickens for over a year now and can tell you with certainty that they get better and better. They are wonderful when you bring your first two home and are more fun as time goes by.

I'm hopeful your neighbors are training their dog to ignore your chooks.

Olivia Grace

#67288 - 10/13/05 06:56 PM Re: Greetings all
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome to The Classroom @ The Coop!

#67289 - 10/13/05 11:11 PM Re: Greetings all
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you all for the very warm welcome...you "chook" people are wonderfull!!!

As a postscript to the dog attack...the neighbours wanted me to pay for half of a new fence to keep their dog away from my chooks despite the fact that the dog ripped pailings off the fence and then broke through the wire on the coop. They went for the better option and got rid of the dog so no more constant barking from 6am to 8pm and the neighbourhood (people) and chooks are content though the relationship is probably a bit strained. Such is life!!!

#67290 - 10/14/05 04:47 AM Re: Greetings all
Chickie Poo Offline
Coop Cleaner

Loc: Virginia
Welcome aboard! This place is great - lots of knowledge and nice people.

Glad to hear your dog problem was resolved!

C

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Foehn