Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#67507 - 12/30/05 06:52 PM Re: NAIS
Anonymous
Unregistered

I doubt people will allow them to go through with this plan. Who in their right mind would support the idea?

#67508 - 12/30/05 07:23 PM Re: NAIS
Rob2 Offline
Classroom Professor

Loc: Pennsylvania
cattle producers for 1 group, they have a desire to protect their livlihoods. You cant just think of this as a poultry hobbiest, there are real reasons which could be argued in support of some sort of control. I do think this thing is not well thought out, but the basic idea is sound.
Rogo, the way I see things, there is a HUGE difference in the parties, good and bad on both sides of the aisle for sure, but it is the root of the party, the platform,or ideals, which I choose to support or not support.

#67509 - 12/30/05 08:27 PM Re: NAIS
Rogo16 Offline
Coop Keeper

Loc: Arizona
=== Rogo, the way I see things, there is a HUGE difference in the parties, good and bad on both sides of the aisle for sure, but it is the root of the party, the platform,or ideals, which I choose to support or not support. ===

That's why I support the Libertarians! :o)

rogo16@yahoo.com

#67510 - 12/30/05 10:33 PM Re: NAIS
Chris Link Offline
Chicken

Loc: Missouri
Folks don't kid yourself for a minute that this isn't going to happen.. I recieved in the mail yesterday a calendar from the a.h.i.s. poultry division. they have a web addy it is www.aphis.asda.gov/vs You have to think on this realisticly is putting a $15 chip in a $1000 cow a big deal? Or even a $10,000 horse? so a $5 chicken really isn't all that important. Talking to my state man from the dept of ag he said they were rethinking the poultry end of it but wern't quite sure how they were going to do it. Chris

#67511 - 12/30/05 10:36 PM Re: NAIS
Chris Link Offline
Chicken

Loc: Missouri
sorry typed the link wrong...
www.aphis.usda.gov/vs

#67512 - 12/30/05 11:04 PM Re: NAIS
Eowyn Offline
Flock Leader

Loc: California
I am in total agreement with Chris, I have been passing out fliers in all my area feedstores, and nobody even knows about it, so who's to stop it???

Here is another link to a petition to sign if you are interested in fighting aginst this invasion of our rights...

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/369063795

#67513 - 12/31/05 05:45 PM Re: NAIS
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Chicken's might not pass but I'm not having anyone tag my Goats.

#67514 - 12/31/05 05:53 PM Re: NAIS
Blue Egg Girl Offline
Chicken

Loc: Michigan
Your congressmen will vote whatever way they want (whatever benefits their political agenda the most) but protest now and loudly.
Also DO NOT "volunteer" to do this program!

#67515 - 01/01/06 09:43 AM Re: NAIS
Rob2 Offline
Classroom Professor

Loc: Pennsylvania
It appears a lot of folks dont really know a lot about government.
What I am trying to understand is how is anyone gonna keep track of the movement(s) of 105 million cattle,60 million hogs,6.5 million sheep,2.5 million goats,5+ million horses and who knows how many million poultry in the United states each year?
The people who show animals are the ones who are most concerned with NAIS as they will be the most effected by records keeping and cost concerns. They are not profit oriented, they are also small numbers in the big picture. The intent of animal tracking is not to spy on American citizens but to protect a huge financial investment effecting the world.
I dont think the current plan is workable, nor well thought out. I think there will be some changes to ease some burdens on the hobbiest aspect of the livestock industry. but at the same time, it is the governments duty to protect Americans and that also means the finacial well being of the country. Its not hard to see why some sort of protection from diseases and finacial well being of the industry is so important. I am not so sure we have a "right" to keep animals, its more of a priveledge which can be removed for a number of reasons? It stinks that things as we have known them and become used to may have to be altered, but with increasing populations and ease of movement, a lot is going to change

#67516 - 01/01/06 10:17 AM Re: NAIS
Blue Egg Girl Offline
Chicken

Loc: Michigan
The government isn't going to keep track of us...most likely we will have to be self monitored and if we don't comply with all the rules and regulations we will be penalized with fines or maybe even jail time.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Foehn