Topic Options
#67633 - 03/18/04 07:50 PM What kind of chicken are you.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I love this forum. We all have our own way of doing things for all different reasons. We seek to be as knowledgeable in the endeavors we have chosen.

Now I know why there are so many different kinds of chicken out thereÖthere are so many different people. What a nice match. :p

I think we can all find the chicken in us;

I am a silkie, polish, leghorn. I am laid back, can be a little goofy and still get the job done!! laugh

What kind of chicken/s are you and why? wink

#67634 - 03/18/04 08:55 PM Re: What kind of chicken are you.
CJR Online   content
Coop Master

Loc: Montana
Well, I am a Scotch,Irish, English, German, old "Biddy" a real mongrel! It is very comfortable. CJR

#67635 - 03/18/04 09:28 PM Re: What kind of chicken are you.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I didnít think Iíd find the chicken in my hubby because heís not the social type. But darn I think I found the chicken even in him!!!!!!!!!!! eek

The Asils (or Aseels). Strong, determined, willing to defend when needed and they are monogamous. A monogamous chicken!!! By chicken standards I would say that qualifies the Asils as not social.
I read they are calm with their keeper. My hubby is very calm with his keeper. LOL. laugh
I would have to add silkie in his chicken mix. He is a very nurturing, peaceful family man. smile

#67636 - 03/18/04 10:40 PM Re: What kind of chicken are you.
Sally Offline
Coop Keeper

Loc: Florida
ok, I'll play but I'm not so sure that I may not change my mind after thinking more on the subject laugh
Upon reflection I would say I would be mainly a Domineque, Turkin,frizzle and silkie. I definateky want to be in charge but like to be gentle and calm about it whenever possible. That being said, I will rule and protect my roost with my life!! I bring in the silkie and frizzle as I like things to be soft and pretty and I have a loving, nurturing side. wink

#67637 - 03/19/04 11:02 AM Re: What kind of chicken are you.
Anonymous
Unregistered

My son is a Egyptian Fayoumi. Lively, Loud, Quick, Lean and not aggressive. That will probably change though. He's only 3.

I havent figured out my daughter yet. She's 5.
Trying to find the chicken in her is hard because she is a chicken. She spends as much time as she can get away with, with the hens. She talks to them, carries them around and is always sneaking one in the house, sometimes 2. She has never named any. Glad for that. I dont want to eat Buttercup!! eek

#67638 - 03/19/04 12:09 PM Re: What kind of chicken are you.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi, hope ya'll don't mind if I play, though I have to relate myself to ducks rather than chickens. That said, I guess I could be any kind of duck really, cuz I love the water, hate to be picked up, and I waddle - at least that's what my brother has always teased me about. (oh, and I guess I sound like my hen when I'm nagging hubby! lol)

#67639 - 03/19/04 01:11 PM Re: What kind of chicken are you.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'd consider myself to be a Buff Orpinton, Buff Minorca free ranger cross. Orpington wise, I'm a GREAT forager but not a very good economical eater and a fairly nice size rooster. Buff Minorca wise I can't deal with confinement that well and I love to be on the go all the time. cool

#67640 - 03/19/04 05:47 PM Re: What kind of chicken are you.
Sally Offline
Coop Keeper

Loc: Florida
OMG...you all are priceless...Shanti, your daughter is a bantam, silky or perhaps Cochin. She has an incessable need to mother, dote and protect her flock. If she has curly hair she is probably a frizzle cochin (one of my favorites LOL). Bless her heart!!!
Mare... a duck is a duck is a duck hahaha. You may be whichever you please!!
Sally
( I, too, love this site. It is the savored moment of the evening for me. wink

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Foehn