Topic Options
#68059 - 09/01/08 03:58 PM Egg laying 6 week cornnish/rock crosses
Jeff in KY Offline
Feather

Loc: Kentucky
Someone tell me I am crazy. I am raising 50 cornish rock cross cockerels, and they are 6 weeks and 3 days old. YEsterday I found 5 eggs in a makeshift nest in the corner of the coop. I assumed it was one of my layers in the adjoining pen or lot. I walked the fence, and found no way for any of the hens to cross. Just to make sure that they were not going over, I reclipped their wings. Today, another egg!. the new eggs are white, while my isa browns lay a shaded egg. COuld it be possible that one of the meat chickens could be a pullet and be laying at 6 weeks??? Tell me I am crazy, at least that would help explain it. Thanks, Jeff

#68060 - 09/01/08 06:04 PM Re: Egg laying 6 week cornnish/rock crosses
Jeff in KY Offline
Feather

Loc: Kentucky
Ok, I'm Crazy, How can a chicken get in and out through such a small hole and go totally undetected? Sorry for the waste of time! boy do I hate looking so stupid!

#68061 - 09/01/08 09:20 PM Re: Egg laying 6 week cornnish/rock crosses
CJR Online   content
Coop Master

Loc: Montana
Was sure you would find the sneaky hen! Impossible for 6 weeks olds to lay eggs! It's okay, our chickens give us all mysteries now and then--keeps things interesting and keeps us giving them needed attention! laugh CJR

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Foehn