Topic Options
#68233 - 01/09/06 05:05 PM Would Suggest You Read This
Rogo16 Offline
Coop Keeper

Loc: Arizona
http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0511/S00146.htm

~Rogo

rogo16@yahoo.com

** If you keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep getting what you're getting. **

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
~Benjamin Franklin

#68234 - 01/09/06 05:33 PM Re: Would Suggest You Read This
J. Waller Offline
Coop Cleaner

Loc: Minnesota
My favorite: "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result".

#68235 - 01/09/06 06:50 PM Re: Would Suggest You Read This
Rob2 Offline
Classroom Professor

Loc: Pennsylvania
yea, I agree...I dont think we need more of this; if one is interested in reading the same thing over and over, by a different author, its out there!!! Do we need it to keep coming here?? over and over and over??
Funny how that 2nd quote has become so popular amongst those whom were missing during the gun grabbibing era!

#68236 - 01/09/06 07:03 PM Re: Would Suggest You Read This
Rogo16 Offline
Coop Keeper

Well, nobody's grabbed MY guns, nor will I allow it!!!

~Rogo

rogo16@yahoo.com

** If you keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep getting what you're getting. **

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
~Benjamin Franklin

#68237 - 01/09/06 08:02 PM Re: Would Suggest You Read This
Eowyn Offline
Flock Leader

Loc: California
C'mon, before this topic gets locked...cant we just get the info out, with out all the debate? The most important thing is that people know about it. What they decide to do with the info is up to them, not us here bickering back and forth on the board.

#68238 - 01/09/06 09:21 PM Re: Would Suggest You Read This
Jrsygntbrdr1 Offline
Classroom Professor

Loc: Arkansas
Personally. I rather liked the part about how the government wouldn't be "punching an eartag into every chicken they could catch." Seriously..where would they put the ear tag? lol

#68239 - 01/10/06 01:27 AM Re: Would Suggest You Read This
Rogo16 Offline
Coop Keeper

Altho it changes, the last I saw they were going to use micro chips on the poultry.

Can't you just see the visual of all these guys chasing down free range birds!

What about the biosecurity of these guys going from one place to another.

Somehow I can't see enough manpower to do a job like this, but will do whatever it takes to prevent it. Lock and load seems to be the 3 important words from many folks.

#68240 - 01/11/06 07:37 PM Re: Would Suggest You Read This
Lacey Offline
Coop Keeper

Loc: Pennsylvania
I can understand this if you are showing your animals...even if you send animals across state or country. But my chickens dont leave my property, and all i have is chickens. How can my flock of pets be any business of the government? I guess i really have no problems with this as long as they leave me alone after my chickens are registered but how much is this going to cost me? I'll probably have to pay a registration fee every year (just like with my car)and an initial per bird charge plus pay for the micro chips and perhaps even someone to micro chip my chickens. I'll probably even have to pay for my very own GPS digits...I've not yet informed my dad of what the governement plans to do. I'm still in disbelieve that they would try to undertake such a task. I cant see it working. Tell me, what will they do about all the pheasents the gun clubs release for the pheasent hunting season or about the hawk who carried off a chicken from someones yard and dropped its picked clean carcass on my property (yes this happened this past summer, a hawk left legs and a rib cag out in the woods)? Wha do i do call them and tellt hem what i found and have them come and inspect my chickens living quarters and our property? I'd like to know who it is that thought this was a good idea.....i dont think it will work. I dont have a farm. 6 wooded acres and 18 pet chickens. I didnt realize they were such a threat to the world. The cost of this is pretty much all that worries me. As long as my chickens are happy and healthy no one should be concerned with my flock.

#68241 - 01/12/06 04:21 AM Re: Would Suggest You Read This
Rogo16 Offline
Coop Keeper

At the bottom of page 5 of this pdf file are the names of the folks involved with developing NAIS:

http://www.nppc.org/public_policy/USAIPHandout012504Version31.pdf

~Rogo

rogo16@yahoo.com

~Benjamin Franklin

#68242 - 01/13/06 05:40 PM Re: Would Suggest You Read This
B. Buckbee Offline
Feather

Loc: Wisconsin
Rogo16 Nobody grabbed my guns either and nobody will! Nobody is going to my birds either, all I did is sign up to avoid a fine! Let the Gov give me a # and then leave me alone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Foehn