Topic Options
#68509 - 02/28/07 07:36 PM need a poultry supply
Jim Offline
Chicken

Loc: Oklahoma
hey everyone, i need a poultry supply that will be willing to come to a 500 bird poultry show. we thought we had one lined up, and they backed out on us at the last minute. this has happened 2 times now with them, and there wont be a third.

they need to be relatively close to northeastern oklahoma. there is no setup fee, and we can supply them with 4-6 8ft tables. we have people that come from 4-5 states to the show, and most ask why we dont have a supplier there. hate to tell them why, and who was supposed to show up.

unfortunatly it is too late for this coming show, unless they can work on real short notice!

any help would realy be appreciated.

jim in okla

#68510 - 02/28/07 09:21 PM Re: need a poultry supply
Jrsygntbrdr1 Offline
Classroom Professor

Loc: Arkansas
There's a place nearby in Springdale I think. Here are some names and phone numbers:

D & F Equpment 879-7842
4-state poultry supply co. 751-5333
Sam's swine and Poultry Supply Inc. 824-5617
Southwest Poultry Supply (Southwest City) 417-762-3201

Barnhill Poultry Supply Inc. 751-7511

Ok...if those don't work out, let me know!

Edit: There wasn't an area code, so I'm guessing they are all (479) unless otherwise put on there.

#68511 - 02/28/07 09:29 PM Re: need a poultry supply
Jrsygntbrdr1 Offline
Classroom Professor

Does this mean there's not going to be a show if there's no supplier??? sniffle...sniffle...WAH! frown

#68512 - 02/28/07 09:36 PM Re: need a poultry supply
CJR Online   content
Coop Master

Loc: Montana
Or BYOFeed? CJR

#68513 - 02/28/07 11:51 PM Re: need a poultry supply
Jim Offline
Chicken

thanks mikaela, yes there will be a show!

cjr, we have feed, but we had a supplier of poultry products lined up to set up and sell their products.[feeders, waterers, bands, meds, the stuff you order]. made the arrangements at least 6 months ago, and when we called today they had changed their mind about coming. all they could do is make money, but i guess they had bigger fish to fry. would have been nice to know a few weeks before the show instead of 3 days!
but as i said, there wont be a third time! we will find someone else before the next show.

jim

#68514 - 03/01/07 09:20 AM Re: need a poultry supply
Oakie Offline
Coop Keeper

Hi Jim,

Can you give details on when and where the show is. Thanks

#68515 - 03/01/07 10:27 AM Re: need a poultry supply
Jim Offline
Chicken

the show is this saturday in pryor okla. about 3 miles east of town on highway 20. it is being held at the maize county fairgrounds showbarn. [big building in the back].

looks like i may have person lined up that builds and sells aluminum and wooden feeders, transport coops, and a few other things bringing some of their products to sell.

we will be having a silent auction or two, or three. not sure what will be in the auctions yet, but we will have something.

anyone looking for me just needs to look for the old guy in the white cap with an opba patch on the front.

#68516 - 03/01/07 12:16 PM Re: need a poultry supply
Jrsygntbrdr1 Offline
Classroom Professor

HAHAHAH! He's not kidding! lol! This silent auction, does it involve the sale coops? Or does it just have cages, feeders, etc. in the auction? No birds?

#68517 - 03/01/07 12:32 PM Re: need a poultry supply
Jim Offline
Chicken

there are supposed to be some birds, not sure how many or what, but there will be birds. no the sale coops are not involved unless someone wants to contribute a pen to the auction. as for anything else, i have no idea. i just heard about it last night, havent seen anything yet.

all the proceeds go to the chouteau ffa chapter, they are who is sponsoring the show.

in the last 4-5 years, all of the proceeds from the show and a few volanteers involved, [ahem], have been put back into the show. lots of new plywood for the setup tables, stands for the plywood, trophies, and prize moneys have all been paid by the chapter with proceeds from the shows

this is one of the few ffa chapters in the state that will get involved to this degree. i am proud to admit that i am an honorary member of the chapter, even tho i live in the next county!

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Foehn