Topic Options
#68958 - 02/06/07 09:20 PM chicken theme cardigan
Shepherd Girl Offline
Chicken

Loc: New Zealand
Couldn't resist posting photo links of my latest creation (seeing it is poultry related!)... a little girl's cardigan with homespun wool, decorated with little knitted chooks!

cardigan with chooks
close-up of one side of front
close-up of other side of front

#68959 - 02/07/07 01:06 AM Re: chicken theme cardigan
Joachim Dippold Offline
Lord of the Fowl

Loc: Austria
Hello,

Nice work! The birds are cute, one can even see ther combs, cool! I did click on the pics because I didnīt know what a "cardigan" is, beautiful work! Thanks for sharing and best greetings,

Joachim

#68960 - 02/07/07 04:00 AM Re: chicken theme cardigan
Wyattdogster Offline
Coop Keeper

Loc: Virginia
Beautiful work, so sweet!

#68961 - 02/07/07 05:42 PM Re: chicken theme cardigan
Susie Offline
Lord of the Fowl

Loc: Arkansas
That's beautiful! Good job!

#68962 - 02/08/07 04:00 AM Re: chicken theme cardigan
Mini Tree Offline
Chicken

Loc: Maine
Adorable! Thanks for sharing the photos.

Seeing creations like this makes me want to bust out my needles and yarn stash, not to mention get a few sheep!

#68963 - 02/08/07 07:48 PM Re: chicken theme cardigan
Shepherd Girl Offline
Chicken

Loc: New Zealand
Quote:
one can even see ther combs
I think the combs are the most important bit in making my little knitted triangles look like chooks! Or I doubt they would look very realistic!

Quote:
Seeing creations like this makes me want to bust out my needles and yarn stash, not to mention get a few sheep!
Do have a go! It's great fun (mostly!), but can be frustrating if it doesn't quite work! I did one with a cow, goat, pigs, and sheep on it as well as chooks, some time ago - had a dreadful time getting the pigs right - had to crochet them in the end, but the sheep were really effective with little bits of wool put on latch-hook style, then trimmed and brushed to look fluffy! So that's another idea!

Usually I like to knit in my favourite 'sheep' pattern, that I designed, but I couldn't come up with patterns I liked for the other animals -esp. putting lots of them onto one garment, also considering the wool thickness... giving not so many stitches and rows to work on - so went to making the pictures separately and stitching them on.

Anyway, I hope it inspires others!

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Foehn