Topic Options
#69098 - 11/12/06 05:07 PM Trying to post my first pics?
Bumble's Poultry Offline
Feather

Loc: New York
I'm trying to post my first pics of my coup and chickens. Here goes... hope this works!
Ok, it didn't work, can anybody tell me how to post pics? Thanks,
Heather

#69099 - 11/12/06 06:07 PM Re: Trying to post my first pics?
Rhea Dean Carter Offline
Lord of the Fowl

Loc: Tennessee
The first thing that has to be in order to post a pic is the picture has to have a Web address, and it has to begin with [http://] and end with .jpg, .gif, or .png. Keep in mind that it cannot be password protected, which is the case with many online photo albums.

If your pictures meet the above criteria, then all you need to do is click on the "IMAGE" button below your text box when you are making a new topic; or if replying, you will need to click Full Reply Form to have this option. This will bring up a window for you to put in the URL (Web address). Place the URL in the blank and click OK.

We ask that you do NOT place large numbers of pictures or large-sized pictures in your posts. Many members and moderators have slow dial-up connections. If several pictures are needed, we ask that you "LINK" to them. To do this Click on the "URL" button, and you can place a link to the pictures in the window that pops up. For reasons unknown, you can sometimes link a picture using the URL feature that will not load using the IMAGE feature.

#69100 - 11/12/06 06:24 PM Re: Trying to post my first pics?
Bumble's Poultry Offline
Feather

Loc: New York
Are there any free picture hosting sites available since I don't currently have my pictures online? Thanks,
Heather

#69101 - 11/12/06 07:44 PM Re: Trying to post my first pics?
Jrsygntbrdr1 Offline
Classroom Professor

Loc: Arkansas
www.photobucket.com

That's the one I use!

#69102 - 11/12/06 09:30 PM Re: Trying to post my first pics?
Foehn Offline
Administrator
Lord of the Fowl

Loc: New Zealand
If you sign in to google you can use Picasa to create a photo album. You have the option of making it private (for personal or family use) or public which means that supposing people knew what the link was, they could view all your photos. Some service providers also have a web hosting option but as far as I know they are public. For some examples you can view either jrysgntbrdr1's album above, or look at mine. Beatrice .
I think either one of these is quite easy to use. If you don't have Picasa installed, you can download it for free from google. You can also use Picasa to manage your digital photos when you transfer them from your camera.

#69103 - 11/13/06 06:06 AM Re: Trying to post my first pics?
Susie Offline
Lord of the Fowl

Loc: Arkansas
I like imageshack. You don't have to register or give personal info - simply upload your pic and it will give you a link to put here. It's fast and easy. No accounts or passwords or anything to remember.

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Foehn