Topic Options
#69779 - 12/06/06 06:16 AM My Bad!
Starbucks Offline
Coop Cleaner

Loc: New Hampshire
Gosh, I really didn't mean to create the holy war in here regarding the Ducks and chickens thread! But thanks to those of you who posted. I will think about it before getting ducks. I think to sum up what people said is: Ducks eat different food than chicken-but if they ate it (not a steady diet of it) they wouldn't die. They make a mess in there pens and a small pool of water is ok for just a few ducks. Does that sound right? Thanks again and I'll try not to stir up trouble again, haha... Happy Holidays! laugh

#69780 - 12/06/06 06:26 AM Re: My Bad!
Rob2 Offline
Classroom Professor

Loc: Pennsylvania
Ducks can eat chicken feed but it is not nutritionally the same, ducks need more niacin for 1 thing. If you like, PM me and I will be happy to tell how many breeders I know manage their waterfowl.

#69781 - 12/06/06 06:36 AM Re: My Bad!
Starbucks Offline
Coop Cleaner

Loc: New Hampshire
Yes, I get that. What I was saying is that if the ducks got into the chicken pen or something and snitched some food, it would be like OH MY GOD!!!!My dog always snitches the cat food even though we scold her like every single day (she is 14) But I don't feed it to her she eats dog food. Thanks for the offer for advice, maybe closer to spring I will look into ducks further.

#69782 - 12/06/06 06:42 PM Re: My Bad!
Anonymous
Unregistered

my ducks eat chicken feed everyday along with the other things i feed them including rabbit pellets there 6 yrs old and lay eggs and hatch ducklings there not that messy in the coop if you just keep drinking water in there .

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Foehn