Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#71150 - 01/20/07 08:22 AM Re: snake attack
Anonymous
Unregistered

1/20/07 BBC has an article about tens of thousands of snakes coming into urban areas in Australia and killing people. The dryest weather in 100 years is the cause.

Once any snake kills a chicken they will be back. In rattle snakes, when you kill one, the mate will be coming in several days to find them and you will have to deal with it also.

#71151 - 01/25/07 02:47 AM Re: snake attack
RuffEnuff Offline
Ruler of the Roost

Loc: Australia
ho ho ho waak, love your media. yes some bad droughts lately but if people do get bitten, and it is usually through their own stupidity because they want to kill it or look like a steve irwin, there are good emergency treatments and vacine.

the pythons tend to get lazy and come back but i think this brown just droped in. most people relocate the pythons. i will not kill one. these days since my kids have fledged i tend to leave the browns alone. and let them do their thing. i know my first aid and i do not try to catch them or annpoy them.

i feel that man has done enough harm to the environment and to have these fellows come in gives me some hope that maybe i can do a little to help reverse the trend. to me control over my fears and the ability to watch and observe AND shoot digitally is so much more gratifying.

then again it is ratus ratus and canine domesticus that does have me frothing at the mouth, ready to do death and mayhem.

i try very hard not to let the hawks get a taste for my birds as well. and you know what i find so gratifying if one does kill?....being able to shoot it digitally...that is the skill of the hunt. that is the thrill. to race inside and to download it onto the computer and hope like heck that i might get a clear photo in all the excitement. it does not happen very often.
k.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Foehn