Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#74138 - 08/19/05 04:30 AM Re: What is my rooster doing??
Chickie Poo Offline
Coop Cleaner

Loc: Virginia
Well, I tried telling hubby that I wanted him (roo) to go away, but he seems to think that there is a way I can assert my dominance. I want the rooster gone. But I am concerned because if the RIR goes, then will the Buff (orp) get aggressive because he would then be the boss rooster?

C

#74139 - 08/19/05 04:38 PM Re: What is my rooster doing??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, I too had a very aggressive rooster(Bubba), that would attack me and my daughter. My husband would just laugh and tell me to kick him, well, my kicks weren't good enough. I finally told him to get rid of him, not wanting to he took him out to his father's farm, where he is getting along great! We also have a Buff & RIR both roosters were here when Bubba was here, after he left they never became aggressive. He has been gone 8 months and it's great, wonderful, and comforting to know that when I go out to the hen house or to feed I won't get attacked. Good Luck

#74140 - 08/19/05 05:53 PM Re: What is my rooster doing??
Moderator2 Offline
Administrator
Flock Leader

Loc: Eastern USA
Chickiepoo, use the search at top right and search for mean rooster, aggressive rooster, attack rooster, rooster attacked my child and like phrases. None have happy endings. Print them out and show hubby.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Foehn