Anonymous
Unregistered

'nuff said---- close it up!

#75778 - 03/12/04 06:01 AM Re: Selling Eggs
Susie Offline
Lord of the Fowl

Loc: Arkansas
Gingit,

I think you'll find many, many previous discussions here about not washing eggs, where most say they agree not to do it and they encourage others not to as well.

I think Lee provoked some visual drama to make a point, however, I don't see how anybody can chastise him for that but leave the comment which follows his untouched. That was the only blatantly rude and horrible thing I have seen in this thread. To call Lee to the carpet and leave the other post without comment is improper, IMO.

Susie

#75779 - 03/12/04 07:14 AM Re: Selling Eggs
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm sorry if you feel it was improper of me not to chastise the comment that followed his. I was addressing him and by the time I was done I didn't feel like saying any more. They were both rude. Point taken. I don't think either was called for. I was completely shocked.

As for egg-washing, I have seen quite a few of the discussions about it and I think I understand the pros and cons. (I didn't think this was a discussion on whether or not to wash eggs.) I don't wash my own eggs that are for my personal use, but I do wash those that I give away and the 18 I sell to my friend. That is, from what I have observed, what many here do as well. The people I give them to use them all up within a week anyway.

#75780 - 03/12/04 08:06 AM Re: Selling Eggs
Anonymous
Unregistered

One thing to ponder - many, many regulations have come into being for our health and safety: I don't think anyone would deny that. But How often do these regulations go TOO FAR, and take away our ability to have a life, not to mention cost the community a LOT of money in TRIVIAL enforcement, at times not even in the spirit it was meant. I too just about cried over that little old lady. Day after day i hear of stories where this happens. My husband works as a manager for local government here and is constantly gob smacked that so many have no common sense about how to implement laws. To paraphrase someone, regulations are there as a guide for the intelligent and law for the ididots. As has been said, a licence doesn't make anyone a cleaner person than one without, nor is a guarantee of such. Not having a licence does no automatically make one a filthy, bum wiping egg collector. How about some common sense and most of all HUMANITY and charity.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Foehn