Topic Options
#77089 - 09/07/05 01:09 PM ? about silver pencilled wyandotte
Anonymous
Unregistered

My 15 girls of various breeds all turned 20 wks on 9/4- but one of my silver pencilled wyandotte hens- well I thought it was a hen, has been engaging in some very rooster like activities with my other girls- I have another rooster(hamburg) that has been crowing since about 9 wks, the wyandotte so far has not, I'm pretty sure she is a he- but there is no crowing going on, just alot of shocked what I am sure is sex, can any tell me whats going on? Thanks in advance

#77090 - 09/07/05 01:56 PM Re: ? about silver pencilled wyandotte
CJR Online   content
Coop Master

Loc: Montana
You are the only one who can see "what is going on". The activity you are seeing does not require crowing, so you have probably called it correctly?? CJR

#77091 - 09/07/05 03:44 PM Re: ? about silver pencilled wyandotte
Anonymous
Unregistered

yes, I am sure thats whats going on- any ideas why he is not crowing?

#77092 - 09/07/05 04:01 PM Re: ? about silver pencilled wyandotte
Fowl Lover Offline
Coop Keeper

Loc: Nebraska
I had a Black Australorp rooster that was hatched mid Feb. and didn't start crowing until just the last couple of weeks. He did however prove his "maleness" many weeks ago. I don't know why he didn't crow as soon as the others but he sure is now.

#77093 - 09/07/05 04:11 PM Re: ? about silver pencilled wyandotte
Anonymous
Unregistered

thanks, I guess I'll just have to be patient! I am fairly new to all this so it's good to have a place where you can ask these questions and no one thinks your too crazy!

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Foehn