Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#77864 - 10/10/03 03:09 PM Re: The "she" that may be a "he" but who knows
Anonymous
Unregistered

You know, you ought to be super critical on her now. If you hear music, complain. If you hear a dog bark, complain. If you hear a child scream, complain. smile

The old cliche is "Don't get mad, get even" laugh

#77865 - 10/10/03 04:56 PM Re: The "she" that may be a "he" but who knows
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree with MonarchzMan, If she can do that to you then you go ahead and do it right back to her. I am probably just really mad at the moment because I sort of know how much Jerry meant to you. I feel like I knew him in person laugh . I am soooo sorry about you having to get rid of him. But my only thing is why did she not make the call a lot earlier like when Jerry first started crowing instead of now????Isn't there someway you could keep Jerry??Do you live in the city??

Whitefoot

#77866 - 10/11/03 05:16 AM Re: The "she" that may be a "he" but who knows
Anonymous
Unregistered

Spotted Crow
Sorry to hear about Jerry. Try keeping him as long as you can or until the animal control guy comes back out. Is there anyway you can keep him in more so the hag down the road wont hear him? good luck

#77867 - 10/11/03 07:42 AM Re: The "she" that may be a "he" but who knows
Spotted Crow Offline
Ruler of the Roost

Loc: Massachusetts
One of the girls at work's hubby said to try one of those dog zapper collars. I said that the way my luck is running, I'd put it on him, he'd crow, get zapped and die of a heart attack. frown I'm going to try a couple of local farms and the Animal Killing League and see what I can do. If not...I'll take Jerry to the vet down the street and have him do the dirty deed. frown

#77868 - 10/11/03 10:04 AM Re: The "she" that may be a "he" but who knows
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why would you have the vet kill Jerry???I mean if crowing is a problem and you really really love Jerry can't you get him devocalized(sp)???

Whitefoot

#77869 - 10/11/03 10:23 AM Re: The "she" that may be a "he" but who knows
Anonymous
Unregistered

It may be a little late for the procedure, but you can at least ask. You may be able to get him caponized. That would stop the hormones to crow and to grow his comb any bigger and to grow sickles and saddle feathers. He'd basically be a hen that doesn't lay eggs

#77870 - 10/11/03 10:48 AM Re: The "she" that may be a "he" but who knows
Spotted Crow Offline
Ruler of the Roost

He's 19 weeks old. Is that to late to caponize?

#77871 - 10/11/03 11:22 AM Re: The "she" that may be a "he" but who knows
Spotted Crow Offline
Ruler of the Roost

Chookers, I really do apologize that I hijacked your thread. I was just so upset about Jerry. Again I apologize.

#77872 - 10/11/03 06:05 PM Re: The "she" that may be a "he" but who knows
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Spotted Crow:
He's 19 weeks old. Is that to late to caponize?
I don't know. You can probably ask you local avian vet. I have never done it, so I can't really say. 19 weeks seems rather young, so he may be able to do it...

#77873 - 10/11/03 06:48 PM Re: The "she" that may be a "he" but who knows
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't know Spotted - It seems like such a friendly hijacking laugh . I would stick it out till the bitter end with your roo. It seems like you have had him a long time and that he is a good boy. I sure hope that mine is just a weird pullet and not a roo. Both hubby and I would like to have a roo. SOOOOO - we are just going to see what comes out in the wash. If she/he starts to crow, we'll just keep everybody in the coop until 8:00am. That way its atleast muffled a bit. All our neighbors are up and around by then and heck - if they aren't - they should be wink . I really wonder who will complain first. Hmmmm I wonder if bribery would work

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Foehn