Topic Options
#77990 - 08/23/03 06:35 PM A double yolk and a rooster ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Our first egg was a double yolk that I made for my daughter. I couldnt betlieve how yello orange the yolks were or how white the rest of it was and yummy to.
My rooster scares me. He seems to not like me, I keep them in there run coop until an hour before dusk so they dont eat my veggies and flowers. He attacked my earlier this week when I was changing there water I didnt even see him coming. Today I was feeding them grass and he tried to attack my hand but he got fence instead hehe.. Is he behaving this way because he is becoming an adult rooster or is he going to be mean forever.? I need advice my hubby really like his big bad rooster. thanks

#77991 - 08/23/03 09:15 PM Re: A double yolk and a rooster ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

i would sell him or kill him. Once a nasty rooster always a nasty rooster. He might even go after you daughter eek . I have delt with a lot of nasty roosters and some you can turn and others you can't but when kids are involved i would get rid of the rooster before it hurts somebody bad. He probably is just becoming an adult rooster. Its not that he is being trying to be nasty, he is just protecting his girls from what ever he deems a threat and if that threat is you or somebody else he will attack.

Whitefoot

#77992 - 08/24/03 04:58 AM Re: A double yolk and a rooster ?
Bill Ludwig Offline
Classroom Professor

Loc: Ohio
This has been debated heavily in the past. My opinion is that a rooster isn't to be trusted. It is his nature to protect his territory and the hens that will produce his offspring. I do belive that you can learn to live with him. You will have to study him very close to find what actions bring a response. I have found that the shoes I wear can make a difference confused . How fast you move and even the time of day will have an effect on his behavier. Use the search botton at top of page and search on words like rooster behavier, rooster attack, aggresive rooster and you will find alot of suggestions. Some things have worked for some but no one thing works for all.

Bill

#77993 - 08/26/03 05:45 AM Re: A double yolk and a rooster ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bill
I think you are right he thinks he is protecting his territory, because when I go in there he tries to show the girls away from me with his body weight. THen he waits for me or my girls to turn our backs then he goes for the attack. He is not mean to my husband but he dont go in there daily like I do thanks for your info

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Foehn