Topic Options
#79793 - 03/31/05 06:44 PM Big Guinea Egg
Jeep Offline
Coop Keeper

Loc: California
I know it's not uncommon to find huge eggs from chickens, but I've never seen one from a guinea, till now. It's at least twice the size of their normal eggs. Currently it's in the incubator, but I won't hold my breath. This year has seen some firsts for me. The mating, which I thought was an immaculate conception, because I have never witnessed it before (I've had guineas over 5 years now), till just the other day. And now this rather large egg. I mean it's big for a guinea egg eek Anyone else have a big egg?

#79794 - 04/01/05 08:52 PM Re: Big Guinea Egg
Gawle Offline
Bantam

Loc: North Carolina
Hey- I never got them to roost inside but all are doing well and I do not make an idiot of myself in front of the chickens anymore! So-I found were mine are laying. What should I do? How many eggs before they will want to hatch? thanks- Lisa

#79795 - 04/02/05 07:51 AM Re: Big Guinea Egg
Jeep Offline
Coop Keeper

Loc: California
Hahahaha! If you are going to let the guinea hen do the sitting, she'll do it when and if she's ready. Mine are laying all over the place, but none of the hens are showing any signs of wanting to sit. If you've got a broody chicken, and want more guineas, give her some eggs. Or incubate some. Otherwise I'd just leave the eggs alone and wait.
P.S. Got another huge egg yesterday. It's in the incubator.

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Moderator2