Topic Options
#82162 - 06/26/04 08:47 AM BCLB
Rog Offline
Ruler of the Roost

Loc: Missouri
CJR Well I can post again. Will see how long it lasts. I have a question. Has anyone bred any BCLB splash birds? If so how was the color on the chicks? Same as regular BLB splash? Each one different? And how was the color on the chicks when bred back CLB to BCLB splash? I think that would be an interesting project if it has not been done. Yea I know , another iron in the fire. Rog

#82163 - 06/26/04 09:08 AM Re: BCLB
CJR Online   content
Coop Master

Loc: Montana
Roger, I have a BCLB Splash hen. She has produced both Splash and BLB birds over the years, she is 8 years old, and the last daughter of a Splash cock I got from J. Schuurman in Holland in 1992. Chicks are same as BLB Splash chicks in hatch down color. She has also produced BCLB females, but never any BCLB males.

Will see if I can post a picture of her. I have 4 BLB chicks of hers hatched this year by a great LB cock. I will keep the BLB pullet, as it could be her last?? Right now there are 2 of her eggs incubating, sired by my BCLB cockerel. I would like to have a BCLB Splash pullet to replace her. She doesn't lay regularly any more and this could be her last year in dependable production??

The BCLB Standard will soon be ready to post--still needs some tweaking into better English translation. It will not be written just to describe the birds we have, but rather, to an already accepted Standard. Then, will have a series of BCLB pictures pictures. CJR

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, CJR