Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#83130 - 04/02/07 11:02 AM Re: Any idea why?
Smoky73 Offline
Coop Keeper

Loc: Colorado
Jean, Some of the ones I hatched last year could be hers as I kept all the females in the pen together last year. This year however, I am only setting one BCLB and one CLB females and 2 LB females with roosters. She is not one of them however this time around. Space is always an issue and birds have to be placed in a extended show cage to pair up, equal to 2 show cage spaces.
Next year, (knock on wood) we will be having a 30x60 foot building put in, which a 30x30 section of it will be used for winter bird quarters. This will allow me to hatch everything I want, and to keep the birds in a heated (so the waterers dont freeze) building for winter though it may not be actually in time for breeding season in spring. We will still have to insulate and build the actual 6x12 pens (10 of them)before we can put birds in there.

#83131 - 04/02/07 12:10 PM Re: Any idea why?
CJR Online   content
Coop Master

Loc: Montana
Space is the reason I have not hatched from the BCLB Splash hen, also--!

Envy your start with new buildings--you will surely enjoy keeping your birds with new housing!! Mine are very convenient, but I have had to limit numbers to fit! Now, the numbers are going DOWN,DOWN, and I am having a hard time facing it! But there will be few "next generation"--always the "best yet?" birds from time to time. And if I have few birds to leave at home, I can maybe attend some shows in different parts of the country.

CJR

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, CJR