Topic Options
#83275 - 04/06/06 08:29 AM "Fowl Play"
Kristi Offline
Chicken

Loc: California
Starting on April 23, Animal Planet will present an hour feature on exhibition poultry. Here is the link for the four showings (two are the following weekend), one of which is during prime time:
http://animal.discovery.com/tvlistings/episode.jsp?episode=0&cpi=112619&gid=0&channel=APL

Animal Planet, with host Fred Willard, did a lot of taping at the APA/ABA National show in Stockton for this television show. They taped on Saturday, and on Sunday they taped the Champion Row festivities. And, there was an LB Dutch hen there on Champion Row as Reserve SCCL. So, it is possible there will be a Dutch hen on national TV!

But, even if the Dutch hen doesn't make it onto the show, it should be a VERY interesting show to watch, from what I have heard. I hear it will be presented very positively for our hobby. They went on location to other places to interview and shoot footage of our poultry hobby.

So, get your popcorn ready on Sunday night, April 23, at 8:00pm and pull up your chair to watch chickens and our friends on TV (you will likely see some folks you know).

#83276 - 04/06/06 12:05 PM Re: "Fowl Play"
Smoky73 Offline
Coop Keeper

Loc: Colorado
I think I have gotten 3 or 4 e-mails so far regarding this. I hope I dont miss it. I shouldnt.
I was watching the WE channel at that time, McLeods Daughters and they cancelled the stupid show! All they do is play junk and stupid shows now, I can't see how women want to see shows like that. Now I have to order the rest of the series from Australia along with a multi region DVD player.
So I cant wait to see that show!!!! I heard they are following around the process of washing a silkie for show too. Cant wait!People think we are crazy, but they have no idea its just as intense as dog shows, just a different species.

#83277 - 04/06/06 01:06 PM Re: "Fowl Play"
Joachim Dippold Offline
Lord of the Fowl

Loc: Austria
Hello,

Please can someone tape this for me or tell me where i can purchase a copy of it or watch it via internet or watch it in ANY way? We have the German version of the Animal Planet channel, they mostly show Jeff Corwin and Crocodile Hunter only, nothing new and nothing else;-(

Iīm NOT asking for illegal copies, iīd like to buy a copy, simple as that! The dissapointing thing here in Austria (and Germany as well, we few Austrians only get what the many Germans have, i could cry!) is this:

We pay 40 bucks per month for the ability to watch Premiere including Animal Planet, but the program continues to get less exciting/varied every day;-( Mostly itīs all about recurrences, no new stuff has been shown recently;-(

Best greetings,

Joachim

#83278 - 04/06/06 03:48 PM Re: "Fowl Play"
Joachim Dippold Offline
Lord of the Fowl

Hello Laura,

Thank you very much! It would help, yep. I know there are differences between PAL and SECAM, but you donīt have to care about the format. We can play ALL formats with our software;-)

Just drop me a line how much we shall pay you and iīll transfer the $ via Western Union, okay? We donīt want you to have extra costs, that would be unfair in our opinion.

Best greetings and thank you once again, my wife is also happy to be able to see a "real" show from the States.

Joachim

#83279 - 04/26/06 04:09 PM Re: "Fowl Play"
Joachim Dippold Offline
Lord of the Fowl

Hello Laura,

Please donīt get me wrong, i donīt want to stress you! I just wanted to let you now iīm still interested in this CD and iīll have patience until you find the time to transfer the show to the CD. I only post this message so you donīt think i have lost interest;-)

Thank you once again for your kind offer and best greetings,

Joachim

PS: If you prefere to send me an email so we donīt have to use The Coopīs bandwith: dippoldjoachim@hotmail.com

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, CJR