Topic Options
#83506 - 03/30/07 11:15 PM Dutch breeders page
Rog Offline
Ruler of the Roost

Loc: Missouri
Hello all ADBS members:

I am finally going to make sure we get the new Breeders Page up and running on our website with free listings. I have brought this up before, but very few people sent me listings they wanted. The officers had agreed it was a good idea. For several reasons, I think the club should go ahead with this now.

Since I have had to step in as president, I have already had inquiries from non-members wanting to locate breeders in their area and wanting to locate breeder of specific varieties. So, I think it is something our club needs to have on the website as a benefit to the public and to our members as well.

I'm going to explain this below. But, before you read further, if you are not interested in having a free listing for yourself as a breeder on the club website, you don't need to read further, just reply to this e-mail and tell me you are not interested.

If, on the other hand, you are interested in a free listing, please read further and then reply to this e-mail with what you would like to see on your listing.

Once again, this listing is available for all current members of the club. You don't need to sell LOTS of birds to have a listing. You still may want to have a listing even if you only have a few to sell each year.

Your listing should be about 2 to 5 lines. And, the listing should include all varieties you breed and sell, so when you send me your 2 to 5 line listing, please also tell me the varieties you breed and sell.

Your listing could be as simple as your name and a way to reach you--a telephone number or an e-mail address. If you are only using a telephone number and e-mail address in your listing, also please tell me your city and state as I want the listings to be listed by ADBS District. It would be hlepful to the public, however, if you also list your city and state in your listing. Here are a couple of examples of what your listing could look like:

Kristi van Greunen
Alameda, California
(510) 301-3807
www.fynbosfarmpoulty.com
LB, BLB, CLB, and BCLB

The Frank Family
Brighton, Michigan
bssmagfr1@aol.com
LB. BLB, CLB, BCLB, and Silver

If you don't have an e-mail address or website, you could list just an address and/or a telephone number.

If you already have a PAGE on the ADBS website and want to keep that page for $10 per year, just request your free listing to include a link to the page on the ADBS website that you already have. If you want a page on the website and don't yet have one, talk to the webmaster about that.

So, please reply to this e-mail and let me know if you don't want a listing or if you do want a listing, send me what you want your listing to look like.

Thank you,
Kristi
This is something that was talked about but never acted upon. I think it should be posted here for the simple fact that I have seen lots of folks looking for Dutch on this site that may not go to the Dutch website. The Coop just happens to be the discussion forum for the Dutch Club thanks to the owner of the Coop. Just thought it needed posted here. And "Thank You Kristi " for bringing this to attention again.

#83507 - 04/01/07 09:21 AM Re: Dutch breeders page
Kristi Offline
Chicken

Loc: California
I sent e-mail messages to all ADBS members for whom I have an e-mail address. As soon as I can, I will start telephoning the members I don't have an e-mail address for. But, if you see this posting of Roger's and have not yet gotten an e-mail from me. Please help me out by sending me your listing. That will save me a telephone call. You can just send a private message here on the coop.

Thanks Roger.

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, CJR