Topic Options
#84108 - 04/18/07 02:13 PM NorthEastern States??
CJR Offline
Coop Master

Loc: Montana
Steve, What is going on in Dutch in New England--Shows? Chicks? Do you keep in touch with Sandy Sanderlin, VA, your District Director? Sometimes it is good to contact him, we are all so darn busy! Don't know yet, if Delmarva (fall) will be Eastern National Dutch Meet, but it should be announced soon.

Was Joe Casper's LB cock, Best Bantam or/and Super Champion in Show? Tell him it is time for another one!!==or maybe one of yours?? CJR

If you haven't looked at the District Map (Eastern and Western) here is the copy of the map on the ADBS Website--see where you are! Districts 1-3 are the Eastern and Districts 4-6 are the Western!

#84109 - 04/18/07 07:37 PM Re: NorthEastern States??
Steve G. Offline
Chicken

Loc: Massachusetts
Hi Jean,
Here in the North East the spring shows are just starting up. Last weekend was the Little Rhody show in RI. It was a small show but up about 100 birds from last year with about 420 birds. Only 6 Dutch showed, all mine, none of the other New England breeders where out. I showed four Light browns a Cream light brown and a Blue light brown. I was at a wedding the day before so I only showed a few. I did not place beyond BB. Went BB with a LB cockrel and RB with a pullet both of which I had shown in Indy.
I have a few chicks out with 25 eggs hatching this weekend and a few more next weekend. I got a late start due to the extreme cold in Feburary and the beginning of March.
I am sorry to say that I do not keep in touch with Sandy other then when I bump into him at the shows and unfortunatly we do not go to many of the same shows.
I do remember that win of Joe's it was at the Western NY show, I think, in 2003. I know he got best bantam and I think he was Super Grand Champion. I have not seen Joe for a couple of years, so he is due. This weekend is the Sussex NJ show which is close to Joe, maybe I will see him there. The Sussex show the last couple of years has had a strong showing of Dutch with close to 50 birds each year. Last year I got my biggest win here with a reserve SCCL. I do not think I will do that well this year. I am still really looking forward to the weekend as it is a nice show 800 to 1000 birds with a bunch of friendly people. Take care and go Dutch!

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, CJR