Topic Options
#84937 - 01/09/06 06:19 AM Fl. Sunshine Classic
Jay Bee Offline
Chicken

Loc: Florida
Hi all: This is my 2nd show, Had a lot of fun and meet some real nice people. There were aprox. 1500 birds entered. 51 Dutch with 6 exhibitors, Carl Beck got BB with a LB cock and I receved RB with a CLB Cockerel smile smile . I told my wife I won't catch this show bug wink . Carl said he would send in a show report, I did not know this should be done. Live & learn. JB

#84938 - 01/09/06 07:21 AM Re: Fl. Sunshine Classic
Ken Offline
Bantam

JayBee,
Your birds were excellent and in great condition. On any given day, you could have walked away with it all. For only showing 2 birds, you did pretty darn good. Keep up the good work.
Ken

#84939 - 01/09/06 02:13 PM Re: Fl. Sunshine Classic
L. Haggarty Offline
Coop Keeper

Loc: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay Bee:
I told my wife I won't catch this show bug wink
Famous last words... laugh But seriously, congratulations! I just love going to shows.

#84940 - 01/10/06 11:29 AM Re: Fl. Sunshine Classic
Smoky73 Offline
Coop Keeper

Loc: Colorado
I love going to shows too, just wish there was more of them around. I can pretty much only go to one a year, the others dont require NPIP testing so it limits me.

#84941 - 01/10/06 03:46 PM Re: Fl. Sunshine Classic
Jay Bee Offline
Chicken

Smoky: There are a number of shows in the tri state area, (Fl. Ga. Al.). But sat and sun. are the days that I have to work, If I sell my farm and retire I'll do more shows. But just having the chickens is fun. Will see what the future brings.
This show in Lake city was an experence, I just loved the black Dutch, I'm going to try to find more about them. JB

#84942 - 01/11/06 02:32 AM Re: Fl. Sunshine Classic
L. Haggarty Offline
Coop Keeper

Loc: Kentucky
When I clerked for Ralph Sherrif Jr. at the Ohio National he told me he bred Black Dutch, was he showing in FL? I don't know what his birds are like, but would presume as a judge he would at least know the correct type. Anyone seen his birds?

#84943 - 01/11/06 06:00 AM Re: Fl. Sunshine Classic
Ken Offline
Bantam

Laura,
Mr. Sherrif didn't show in Florida. Beck's Bantams had the only Blacks shown. Johnny Sprouse has my Black line now and hopefully he will be showing some in the future. I have seen Mr. Sherrif's Black Dutch. They lack true Dutch type but that was 2 or 3 years ago. I haven't seen them lately. They certainly know how to condition a bird.
Ken

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, CJR