Topic Options
#85912 - 03/23/05 12:42 PM Surgery on crop!
Tiffany Offline
Flock Leader

Loc: Texas
I did a search and read that you make a small cut. I got thru the skin but the crop I am having troubles. When I think i am thru I get a small blood then another membrane covers the hole. Am I just not cutting deep or long enough? The crop is like a baseball and that heavy. This has been a week, she eats, drinks, lays her eggs and is running around. Could this maybe be a tumor instead? She is a 2yr old americana, free range. But the crop smushes like hard playdo. There is no smells. I don't want to have to cut anymore than possible. eek

#85913 - 03/23/05 01:08 PM Re: Surgery on crop!
Bill Ludwig Offline
Classroom Professor

Loc: Ohio
I sent you a PM.

Bill L

#85914 - 03/24/05 05:07 PM Re: Surgery on crop!
Mumbles Offline
Chicken

Loc: Michigan
I just went throught the same thing with one of our Bantam hens. Crop has big as a baseball very hard. She was eating, drinking, laying eggs, etc just fine. Couldn't stand it and took her to emergency vet 3 weeks ago. She had an infection which made her crop swell not impacted crop. Sure glad I didn't try cutting her myself after all. She was on 1m of Nystatin 2 times daily for 3 weeks and is now fine, $130.00 later. She loved being in the house for the 3 weeks though, she sure got tame.

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Moderator2