Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#86685 - 12/31/07 03:46 PM Re: Help! Something is horribly wrong with our pet rooster!
Richard in MA Offline
Flock Leader

Loc: Massachusetts
Hi Deja,

I am sorry to hear that you lost him. I would still recommend checking into the marek's potential. The disease usually manifests itself in neurological problems. Sebrights are especially succeptible and since it was the second one you lost this way it is still a possibility.

RIchard

#86686 - 12/31/07 06:24 PM Re: Help! Something is horribly wrong with our pet rooster!
Uno Offline
Lord of the Fowl

Loc: Canada
cgmccary:

An emergency kit thread would be a fine idea. I will not list here what I keep in mine. I will wait for your thread. But ARSENICUM and most other homeopathic remedies (the common ones anyway) are available at most health food stores. Some drugstores carry them too.

Usually the remedy comes in little tablet or round pellets. These, two or three or four, are dissolved in a few teaspoons of water and a few drops given to your chicken. Easy! I have an old post somehwere explaining a multi-remedy cocktail that I mixed with a little whiskey (I think it was whiskey, it was the last of hubby's Crown Royal) and keep it at all times in the hen house. Being mixed in alcohol it doesn't go 'off'. I keep a few q-tips attached topthe little bottle with a rubber band and soak the end of the q-tip in the remedy and stick it in the chicken's mouth and let them chomp on it for a couple second. This delivers the remedy just fine.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Moderator2