Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#88170 - 02/11/10 02:24 PM Notification about new replies?
Redcap Online   content
Ruler of the Roost

Loc: Germany
So far I don't get notications about replies via email.

In the references I just can change the preference regarding PM'S.
Quote:
Do you want to be notified via email when you receive a private message?

Is there no way to get an instant preference for notifications about new replies?

#88175 - 02/11/10 05:14 PM Re: Notification about new replies? [Re: Redcap]
Moderator2 Online   content
Administrator
Flock Leader

Loc: Eastern USA
I am checking into this. Hope to have an answer soon.

#88190 - 02/12/10 07:07 AM Re: Notification about new replies? [Re: Moderator2]
Administrator
Flock Leader

Redcap, I have learned many things while trying to answer your question. Most have nothing to do with your question,sorry. You can go into "Edit Preferences" and choose "By default should anything added to your watch list be e-mailed to you". You can add a topic to your watch list by clicking on "Topic Options" and selecting "Add to watch List". At this point I thought any new posts in the selected topic would be e-mailed to me. It did not work when I tried it. It took me until just now to realize I would not be notified of my own posts blush. So follow the above steps and you should be able to get e-mail notifications of new post by other members in your watched topics. You can manage your watch lists under "My Stuff".

Let me know how this works out for you.

#88193 - 02/12/10 09:48 AM Re: Notification about new replies? [Re: Moderator2]
Redcap Online   content
Ruler of the Roost

I can't believe that this forum software requires you to choose each thread extra to the watch list to get notifications.

http://www.ubbcentral.com/features.php

Shall I ask for myself in the
http://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/forum_summary.html
to deliver you a solution.

#88194 - 02/12/10 09:58 AM Re: Notification about new replies? [Re: Redcap]
Administrator
Flock Leader

I am not sure what solution you want. You do not have to choose individual threads. You can set whole forums as a watched forum for notifications.Enter a forum and select Forum Options to set notifications for posts in all threads within that forum.

Is this what you are looking for?

#88195 - 02/12/10 10:41 AM Re: Notification about new replies? [Re: Moderator2]
Redcap Online   content
Ruler of the Roost

I don't want to get notifications about each posting, just about each thread where I am involved. In forums with other software this is a default reference. There it is not necessary to add each thread manually to a watch list.

After editing my preference

there is the possibillity to make a hook below the text frame, but even that is a default preference with other softwares like phpBB or Burning Board. I can't believe that UBB Threads don't offer this feature.

PS: There is the next problem pictures won't be displayed ... first picture was http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8061/woliera.jpg

Strange now after 4 edits it is displayed

#88196 - 02/12/10 11:10 AM Re: Notification about new replies? [Re: Redcap]
Rhea Dean Carter Offline
Lord of the Fowl

Loc: Tennessee
Please do not post these large images in your posts. For those of us who have dial-up Internet connections, they take way too long to load. They also distort the horizontal width of the thread making it necessary to use the slider bar at the bottom of the screen to see the right side of the image.

Every forum isn't going to have every feature. I wish this forum had a built-in spell check feature, but that's not the case. We're just going to have to make do with what we have.

#88197 - 02/12/10 11:24 AM Re: Notification about new replies? [Re: Rhea Dean Carter]
Redcap Online   content
Ruler of the Roost

Sorry, I use currently a 10" Mininotebook, so I forgot the real size ...

A spell check You can get via Your browser ... so it works in a plenty of applications

#88198 - 02/12/10 11:40 AM Re: Notification about new replies? [Re: Redcap]
Administrator
Flock Leader

Redcap
Thanks for the clarification. I now understand what feature you want. I do not think it is supported but I will look further into the issue. I can see the convenience in having such an option.

For all, I use ie spell check. You can simply right click in any text box, such as the one I am filling now, and spell check it. For Internet Explorer users. http://www.iespell.com/

#88199 - 02/12/10 02:12 PM Re: Notification about new replies? [Re: Moderator2]
Redcap Online   content
Ruler of the Roost

I fear there is no chance till UBB Thread introduce this feature.
I was so silly to register me at a german forum with the same software it's all as ever.
I can't still believe that I (as topic starter) get only a notification, when I think on the check mark after each posting, and before Yours, I didn't. Why it is possible to set an instant check mark reg. the Signature and not for the Notification ??
Quote:
()Add this thread to my Watched Topics.
(x) Add my signature to this post

I refered this thread to UBBThread and hope they improve their features.

You don't need right click to see typos with this for IE
http://www.ie7pro.com/spell-checker.html
it shows typos in the same way like word shows typos (with read underlines), then You can correct it via right click
The extension for Firefox work by the same way

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Moderator2