Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#91793 - 09/26/10 02:46 PM Re: Calling all Germans: Goldfarbig and Wildfarbig [Re: Wieslaw]
Sigi Offline
Ruler of the Roost

Loc: Holland
What I've heard about flitter is, the finer the peppering the more shine on the lace. The coarser the peppering the less shine.

#91794 - 09/27/10 01:54 AM Re: Calling all Germans: Goldfarbig and Wildfarbig [Re: Wieslaw]
Henk69 Online   content
Classroom Professor

Loc: Netherlands
She is melanized but necessarily more heavy stippled!
She looks cream (ig/ig). Cream light browns (dutch) are known for their fine stippling.

#91795 - 09/27/10 03:55 AM Re: Calling all Germans: Goldfarbig and Wildfarbig [Re: Henk69]
Wieslaw Offline
Classroom Professor

Loc: Denmark
Funny (for me) that you mentioned cream. It would be lovely. BUT: the only 2 hens which could give non-mottled duckwings, are both 'mine'(meaning: gold dilution never detected before). So the thing that dilutes the gold in this particular pullet should only be in 1 dose according to my observations. Apart from melanization, gold dilution is a 'mystery' to me at the moment, and I have no birds to test with(which I know with 100% certainty that they are pure for Ig/Ig).Many different shades of gold. I have a hen e+/e+ momo s+, bought as an egg. She looks ig/ig, she looked actually very close to silver on her pictures as a chick . When I crossed her to a cock(also bought as an egg) which looked 'normal', her all daughters fell out 'midway' between the parents, and her sons become burnt orange all over the body. I will make a separate thread on this soon.

#91845 - 09/30/10 09:15 AM Re: Calling all Germans: Goldfarbig and Wildfarbig [Re: Henk69]
Wieslaw Offline
Classroom Professor

Originally Posted By: Henk
Cream light browns (dutch) are known for their fine stippling.

I wonder what type of connection is in it?

1)linkage?
2)side effect of gold dilution?(= pleiotropy)
3)none?

#91853 - 10/01/10 12:15 AM Re: Calling all Germans: Goldfarbig and Wildfarbig [Re: Wieslaw]
Henk69 Online   content
Classroom Professor

Very mild columbian-like restriction of ig wink

#91905 - 10/04/10 01:11 PM Re: Calling all Germans: Goldfarbig and Wildfarbig [Re: Henk69]
Wieslaw Offline
Classroom Professor

As it was mentioned, there is a difference how heavy or fine the stippling can be. But this is only one side of the matter. If one looks closely at the feathers of e+/e+ females, it can clearly be seen , that there is also a difference between the backgrounds themselves. It can range from dark brown on Danish brown Leghorns, to light fawn/tawny on ig/ig diluted birds.
What kind of pigment is responsible for the colour of the background of the wild type females? Should it be concidered a pure pheomelanin or mixture of both eumelanin and phaeomelanin?

Would't it be more proper to call ig a pheomelanin diluter than only a gold diluter?( it sounds in my ears as it only dilutes the hackles and the saddle).

#91906 - 10/04/10 11:52 PM Re: Calling all Germans: Goldfarbig and Wildfarbig [Re: Wieslaw]
Henk69 Online   content
Classroom Professor

It doesn't affect the salmon red breast much but it does dilute body of buff columbian also.

The groundcolor is pheo. It is a myth that RIR need black for a good red color for instance. Sure, it darkens (optically).

#91910 - 10/05/10 12:18 PM Re: Calling all Germans: Goldfarbig and Wildfarbig [Re: Henk69]
Sigi Offline
Ruler of the Roost

ig makes the body of an s+ based orange buff (Di + columbians)not considerably lighter. It does help lighten hackle and other sex feathers which are less affected by Di than body feathers. It helps to less the red on the shoulders of roosters.

This is the lemon/buff S and s+ dilemma.
When you have silver based lemon with Di, this is a purely autosomal red (plus enhancers)buff bird and you add ig, its hackle will become white and body colour will stay buff, although perhaps a bit lighter than without, but this is not obvious since there are so many shades even in sibblings since autosomal red behaves unpredictable.

PS the best lemon (self coloured, no pattern) is an S/s+ rooster with autosomal red and pure for both Di and ig and all columbians. He will loose black totally when based on eb.

Edited by Sigi (10/05/10 12:21 PM)

#91920 - 10/06/10 05:53 AM Re: Calling all Germans: Goldfarbig and Wildfarbig [Re: Sigi]
Henk69 Online   content
Classroom Professor

Hard to state since there are no tester-lines of Di (and ig? etc...).
What about the lemon vorwerks? That diluter is recessive and has full body action (my guess is ig/ig).

#91951 - 10/07/10 03:05 PM Re: Calling all Germans: Goldfarbig and Wildfarbig [Re: Henk69]
Sigi Offline
Ruler of the Roost

Depends on what you call a tester line :-)

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Henk69 
Who's Online
1 registered (Henk69), 16 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box