Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#102828 - 03/14/12 02:59 AM Re: Calling all Germans: Goldfarbig and Wildfarbig [Re: KazJaps]
Wieslaw Offline
Classroom Professor

Loc: Denmark
Originally Posted By: Kazjaps
Is there extension of red on any roosters?

Yes, and it's the first time I've found it on a rooster. Here is Karol, he is from March last year. On the 2 first pictures taken ca. 2 months ago, he is clean .Now he is flecked with red on the breast and the sides.

He is a beauty(and he knows it). Un updated picture will be made later.

#102830 - 03/14/12 10:55 AM Re: Calling all Germans: Goldfarbig and Wildfarbig [Re: Wieslaw]
Wieslaw Offline
Classroom Professor

Here is his breast as it looks now:

His 'trousers':

One of the more mysterious things in this is: the father of all those reddened birds was S/s+ with absolutely no gold leakages(perhaps 'microscopically ' creamish on the saddle at the close inspection, he was starring in my GGG thread
http://www.the-coop.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=91924#Post91924
)

#102855 - 03/15/12 09:32 AM Re: Calling all Germans: Goldfarbig and Wildfarbig [Re: KazJaps]
Wieslaw Offline
Classroom Professor

Originally Posted By: Kazjaps
it looks like some Welsummer lines don't have much of an eye stripe:

*From Feathersite.

There are numerous lines of Welsumers in Europe, which show the chicks differently depending on the gender(like I had in my Brown Leghorns), where females have eyestripes , and cockerels are stripe-free.

Flock of Welsumers

The breeder has not had luck here (only 2 pullets , find them)

Here is a flock of Altsteirer chicks

Match between lack of eyebrow and big comb= 100%

#103395 - 04/17/12 02:20 PM Re: Calling all Germans: Goldfarbig and Wildfarbig [Re: Wieslaw]
Wieslaw Offline
Classroom Professor

I would like to come back to Wildfarbige. Try to observe the pictures on following site:

http://www.mein-rassegefluegel.de/ausstellungen.htm

I have saved some pictures in case the site disappear.
If you are observant you should notice that the females look eumelanized, including rather black hackles, but the males are NOT. WHAT IS GOING ON HERE ???

Here are some more pictures,a little bigger:

http://www.deutsche-zwerghuehner.de/Ausstellungen/deutsche_zwerghuhnschau.htm

If you look closely at the females, the eumelanization is not uniform like on the majority of my birds, but rather like an imperfect black lace or something. Is it supposed to represent Pg/ML version of e+ ?

Comments are welcome.

#103400 - 04/17/12 11:33 PM Re: Calling all Germans: Goldfarbig and Wildfarbig [Re: Wieslaw]
Henk69 Online   content
Classroom Professor

Loc: Netherlands
I am having a bit of a deja vu here... wink

I think they are not Pg since they require stippling.
The black in the roosters hackles is mainly hidden on the underside of the hackle feathers. Had the same effect in lakenvelder crosslings.

#103401 - 04/18/12 12:37 AM Re: Calling all Germans: Goldfarbig and Wildfarbig [Re: Henk69]
Poultch Offline
Coop Keeper

Loc: New Zealand
although silver, Dark dorkings have a very similar look to what you are questioning Wieslaw.

some indian game X dorkings also have a very similar colour pheno

#103403 - 04/18/12 03:18 AM Re: Calling all Germans: Goldfarbig and Wildfarbig [Re: Henk69]
Wieslaw Offline
Classroom Professor

Originally Posted By: Henk
I am having a bit of a deja vu here

Yes, a bit of a deja vu. But there is a difference now: The first time round , I did not pay attention to the fact, that the cocks did not eumelanize. Hence the BIG SHOCK now! What is their excuse to not eumelanize?

As far as your remark about stipling is concerned: I have seen quite a number of photos of laced varieties, traditionally regarded as carriers of Pg, where a lace is accompanied by stipling as well.

#103404 - 04/18/12 06:44 AM Re: Calling all Germans: Goldfarbig and Wildfarbig [Re: Wieslaw]
Henk69 Online   content
Classroom Professor

The lace is due to melanotic i.m.o.

#103406 - 04/18/12 08:00 AM Re: Calling all Germans: Goldfarbig and Wildfarbig [Re: Henk69]
Wieslaw Offline
Classroom Professor

Originally Posted By: Henk
The lace is due to melanotic i.m.o.

The problem is, that according to Smith and allies, homozygous melanotic is supposed to eumelanize cocks too, including e+, eb, and even wheaton(according to what Kazjaps recently wrote)

#103409 - 04/18/12 12:52 PM Re: Calling all Germans: Goldfarbig and Wildfarbig [Re: Wieslaw]
Henk69 Online   content
Classroom Professor

Maybe a different melanizer then?

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Henk69 
Who's Online
1 registered (Henk69), 16 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box