Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#88961 - 04/15/10 03:19 PM Page Loading Problems
Foehn Offline
Administrator
Lord of the Fowl

Loc: New Zealand
Is anybody else getting very slow or no show loading problems for The Coop? Just in the last week it has been very slow to respond and sometimes doesn't load at all. I had a UBBcode error this morning that reported it failed to load.

#88962 - 04/15/10 04:39 PM Re: Page Loading Problems [Re: Foehn]
Rhea Dean Carter Offline
Lord of the Fowl

Loc: Tennessee
I've been experiencing the same problems, both at home (dial-up Internet) and at school (broadband Internet). It's aggravating to say the least.

#88968 - 04/16/10 05:02 AM Re: Page Loading Problems [Re: Rhea Dean Carter]
D. Pollock Offline
Coop Keeper

Loc: USA
Yes, me too! It's always slower than any other Website that I access during (ANY TIME) of the day. I have DSL.

#88973 - 04/16/10 03:18 PM Re: Page Loading Problems [Re: D. Pollock]
CJR Offline
Coop Master

Loc: Montana
For quite a while, but I blame everything on this "new" computer, which has not been easy. I have to try several times to get the site to open some days, but other sites pop right up. CJR

#88974 - 04/16/10 04:45 PM Re: Page Loading Problems [Re: CJR]
Rhea Dean Carter Offline
Lord of the Fowl

Jean, I don't see how it could be your new computer when I and other members are having the same problem.

#88976 - 04/16/10 10:54 PM Re: Page Loading Problems [Re: Rhea Dean Carter]
Foehn Offline
Administrator
Lord of the Fowl

Loc: New Zealand
And that's weird as I haven't had any trouble today, but yesterday it was terrible. We'll see what next week brings.

#88982 - 04/17/10 03:25 PM Re: Page Loading Problems [Re: Foehn]
Wieslaw Offline
Classroom Professor

Loc: Denmark
For me it is usually better around noon but worse in the evening, so I thought it was because of heavy traffic.

#89104 - 04/26/10 10:45 AM Re: Page Loading Problems [Re: Wieslaw]
CJR Offline
Coop Master

Loc: Montana
Today, I can barely get on The Coop, and now the topics are just as slow to open.

I still cannot post pictures from Photobucket. I have tried all the remedies offered but will still try for more options.

If you are considering a Dell Inspiron, think well. I have replaced the keyboard, scanner/printer, replaced programs it came with, and if I could deliver enough young birds, I would replace the whole system! I have had paid help as well as volunteers. Nothing but trouble, and I guess I am not the only one to complain about it!

So there may be problems with The Coop. I feel it is also with my computer. The Coop is no longer my Home Page, and I will not be opening as often. It is time to GARDEN and take care of CHICKS anyway! CJR

#89107 - 04/26/10 11:07 AM Re: Page Loading Problems [Re: CJR]
D. Pollock Offline
Coop Keeper

Loc: USA
CJR, I agree (and I visit the Coop less and less). Finally gardening and healthy chick raising is first in my mind. I never did like computers to begin with. The human touch (face to face) is the way God planned it!

I can assure you it's not YOU!

cyberdave

#89136 - 04/29/10 06:07 AM Re: Page Loading Problems [Re: D. Pollock]
Rhea Dean Carter Offline
Lord of the Fowl

I sent Loren an E-mail this morning informing him of the continuing problems we're having with The Classroom @ The Coop. Hopefully, he will check into the situation to see if anything can be done to help improve it.

As I recall, everything was just fine until the first server upgrade a couple of years ago. I think that was the beginning of all these problems we've been experiencing. Just because something is "updated" or "newer" isn't always a good thing!

Thanks to those of you who continue to post here under these trying circumstances.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Moderator2