Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#89142 - 04/29/10 02:40 PM Re: Page Loading Problems [Re: Rhea Dean Carter]
D. Pollock Offline
Coop Keeper

Loc: USA
As my Granddaddy always said: "What you get for nothing take very little of"! Great site but FREE. Let's face the facts. There are folks on this site with post graduate degrees who, because of their educational kindness, even answer our most basic questions. What do you think that would cost at the university level? Let's ALL help out in getting things up and running and be a little more considerate of those "who pay for our dinner"!

#90188 - 07/03/10 03:17 PM Re: Page Loading Problems [Re: D. Pollock]
CJR Online   content
Coop Master

Loc: Montana
Problems again, getting onto the website. And after EVERY post, a "Timed Out" box, even if a few word. Takes 2 tries for every post??????

I still blame my computer, but in this case, the website may be having problems again??

And after many contacts with my DELL Inspiron, Vista program, the technician suggests I ask for a replacement computer with Windows XP--I am going to do it. It has not been a happy winter with this new computer!!!! (Timed Out AGAIN)

Edited by CJR (07/03/10 03:17 PM)

#90190 - 07/03/10 05:21 PM Re: Page Loading Problems [Re: CJR]
D. Pollock Offline
Coop Keeper

You might consider saving your 'pocket-change'- because I have the same problems! Windows XP is certainly a nice program- but your recent problem, I beleive...is NOT because of your computer or software programs...BUT I'm not a 'Wonk' Certainly if you can get a new computer (NO Charge)- then that's a good 'thingy'- Would be nice to 'HEAR' from other members- as to any difference, that they are experiencing with this site.

#90192 - 07/04/10 01:56 AM Re: Page Loading Problems [Re: D. Pollock]
Wieslaw Offline
Classroom Professor

Loc: Denmark
I've found out that most of the time the site works each second time, sometimes it's enough to push the refresh button. It's a good thing to preview reply twice before submitting it, then it will be sent in 4 times out of 5.So copy your reply before sending, then you don't need to write it once more from the start

#90193 - 07/04/10 05:25 AM Re: Page Loading Problems [Re: Wieslaw]
Moderator2 Offline
Administrator
Flock Leader

Loc: Eastern USA
It usually takes me a second try to get to the site but then I have very little trouble. I started making a habit long ago (as Wieslaw suggests) of using "copy" before hitting submit on any web site. Too many times I have had to re-type.

Rhea Dean is unable to get on the Coop at all. I feel his problem is in his computer or provider issues.

#90203 - 07/05/10 02:51 AM Re: Page Loading Problems [Re: Moderator2]
Foehn Offline
Administrator
Lord of the Fowl

Loc: New Zealand
CJR, go for it with a replacement computer, but my advice is to avoid Dell Inspiron if you possibly can. A retail outlet over here brings them in on parallel import, and they have a really bad reputation here for break downs and problems. Someone gave a whole lot of Dells to the school where I work and they all died. Then we had to pay to have them disposed of. I run XP and would not dream of changing. I also have Firefox as my preferred internet service and find I get a lot less problems than with Internet explorer.

#90206 - 07/05/10 03:29 AM Re: Page Loading Problems [Re: Foehn]
Wieslaw Offline
Classroom Professor

Loc: Denmark
They have the same reputation here in Denmark, too.

#90269 - 07/07/10 03:39 AM Re: Page Loading Problems [Re: CJR]
D. Pollock Offline
Coop Keeper

Originally Posted By: CJR
Problems again, getting onto the website. And after EVERY post, a "Timed Out" box, even if a few word. Takes 2 tries for every post??????

I still blame my computer, but in this case, the website may be having problems again??

And after many contacts with my DELL Inspiron, Vista program, the technician suggests I ask for a replacement computer with Windows XP--I am going to do it. It has not been a happy winter with this new computer!!!! (Timed Out AGAIN)
So just curious- how are things with your "Timed Out" box?

#90285 - 07/07/10 09:46 PM Re: Page Loading Problems [Re: D. Pollock]
Rhea Dean Carter Offline
Lord of the Fowl

Loc: Tennessee
I was able to log in tonight. It has been almost two weeks since I was able to log in, but for some reason I could tonight.

#90293 - 07/08/10 03:59 AM Re: Page Loading Problems [Re: Rhea Dean Carter]
D. Pollock Offline
Coop Keeper

Good deal...Welcome back home!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Moderator2