Topic Options
#91760 - 09/24/10 12:36 AM Viewing old posts
Sandy V. Offline
Chicken

Loc: England
Is it possible to see posts that are older than one year?

Edited by Sandy V. (09/24/10 12:36 AM)

#91762 - 09/24/10 12:45 AM Re: Viewing old posts [Re: Sandy V.]
Wieslaw Offline
Classroom Professor

Loc: Denmark
Yes, there are several ways to do this.
1)you can just click the page number(there are 226 pages in the genetic section at the moment)
2) you can click on Posted and the oldest threads will be presented
3)you can also search them by clicking on Search advanced and decide the time of posting You can search 1 year at a time
4)there is also a link for archives. When I find it I will post it here

#91764 - 09/24/10 01:05 AM Re: Viewing old posts [Re: Wieslaw]
Sandy V. Offline
Chicken

Loc: England
Thanks I'll explore those options. I found the archive link about 5 posts down from this one, but it doesn't seem to have year dates only when you open the posts anfd then they appeared to be year 2002 .

#91780 - 09/25/10 05:17 AM Re: Viewing old posts [Re: Sandy V.]
Foehn Offline
Administrator
Lord of the Fowl

Loc: New Zealand
Sandy, when you click on search, it gives you the option to go advanced. If you open that and scroll down, you will see options for setting a search time. You need to make sure you leave the fields for "newer than 1 week" blank or it will default to that and you will get a small number of recent posts. You can specify anything you want in the "older than" field. You can also search posts from a single user if you go to the user list at the top of the page, and then click on "show user posts" This can be very helpful if you are following a particular thread that you know your chosen user has participated in. Once their posts comes up on the screen, you can either search by clicking on the title line, or go right back to the beginning by specifying the page number in the bottom right corner.For instance, your very first post was about short toes in marans.

Edited by Foehn (09/25/10 05:18 AM)

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Moderator2