Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#97244 - 06/25/11 03:29 PM Re: More from amateur [Re: Foehn]
Redcap Offline
Ruler of the Roost

Loc: Germany
I have to go to the vet to get it, too. But there is no need to proof worm investation in advance. And the Flubenol jar holds for several years ;-) I would get poor if I would go every several weeks to him, to get his permisson pro forma - and each faeces test costs a multiple of the deworming.
I would doubt, that each vet has knowlegde about poultry. In my case, I have to say the most time, what it has do be done. And my vet trust my knowlegde. ;-))

http://www.crowshall.co.uk/forms/flubenvet-brochure.pdf

#97257 - 06/26/11 05:07 AM Re: More from amateur [Re: Redcap]
Wieslaw Offline
Classroom Professor

Loc: Denmark
Originally Posted By: Redcap
In my case, I have to say the most time, what it has do be done.

In my case too.

#97680 - 07/14/11 02:14 AM Re: More from amateur [Re: Foehn]
Welshman Offline
Feather

Loc: Wales UK
In over 50 years of keeping poultry I have never wormed once and any bird that dies or I take to the table I gut and check and have never found any signs of worms.
A lot has been written about giving wormers if a bird looks saggy or ill and that I should imagine is the last thing an ill bird needs.
All my birds from day old through life are on Cider Apple vinegar and it works for me and my birds.

Keepers are bombarded with rubbish about suppliments and tonics to keep their birds alive and well.All these magic potions will not replace good stock management and Dr Green.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Foehn