Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#117100 - 03/23/18 03:37 AM Re: Re. Redcap's thread, posts not possible [Re: Moderator2]
RuffEnuff Offline
Ruler of the Roost

Loc: Australia
hello from the dead.

I have not been on here since 2012 when I could not log on no matter how I tried. I tried a different ID when I moved house and changed computer and I managed a new ID but it was not the same and I lost interest.

today for some unexplained reason my old ID logged in. after 6 years!

can I offer some ideas to help with this forum?

first I think there should be a like button for posts. this helps in 2 ways, 1. people feel appreciated when someone has bothered to like your post and 2.it allows someone to appreciate your post without having to say anything else....it means the post is being read and appreciated.

second. with the recent problem with facebook on their giving out people's personal information to other sources plus giving out the friends personal information, FB is in the poo. suddenly I think people are thinking that they do not need it, what did we do before?
on this forum there are wonderful ways to communicate that FB does not have. I can change my font colour and size for a start. I can follow topics, I can bring back topics. I can use videos I have on you tube.

I don't know why I was thrown into the wilderness for so long. I don't know why you let me back in but I can tell you this forum can work and I can help. in my years in oblivion I have learned more skills and have learned how to get to people.

I believe this forum had too much control by one person who was quiet rude to people. I think it can work again. you just have to make it exciting and fun.

#117105 - 03/23/18 03:19 PM Re: Re. Redcap's thread, posts not possible [Re: RuffEnuff]
Moderator2 Offline
Administrator
Flock Leader

Loc: Eastern USA
Sorry you were unable to access the Classroom. I have added a post in this forum (trouble logging in) with a link that will work even if not logged in that will allow people to contact me. I have no idea where the Contact Us link goes, but it is never answered.

I don't know how fun and exciting things are but I have been working to make the site look more inviting and adding a couple new features.

#117107 - 03/24/18 02:08 AM Re: Re. Redcap's thread, posts not possible [Re: Moderator2]
Henk69 Offline
Classroom Professor

Loc: Netherlands
Hope you didn't refer to me, still here ... wink

Like the liking and from what I recall it can be done with the current software.
Edit: must retract this frown

And M2, I noticed that smile

Edited by Henk69 (03/24/18 02:21 AM)

#117271 - 08/30/18 01:51 PM Re: Re. Redcap's thread, posts not possible [Re: Henk69]
Redcap Offline
Ruler of the Roost

Loc: Germany
Hello to all out there ...
I have to admit, that I wasn't very active due to the last months. And this ironically, after my trial, to discuss, how we could breath more life in this community. But - what shall I say ... obviously even in my life other things get more priority, than the theorical/science based poultry world ...

But as I realized it just now (again?) ... I want to ask it - this time.
After which category (date of topic creation? or what else?) are the topics sorted for? I find it very difficult to get an overview, what happened the last weeks/months, if topics with a final posting from 2013 or 2015 are mixed with these of the last weeks ...
http://www.the-coop.org/forums/ubbthread...&order=desc
I hope, You agree, that the date of final posting (as sorting category/order) would help to get easier an chronological overview. Would it be possible to realize this?

I wish You all some rainy days during the next weeks ... at least in Germany/ Europe the nature is totally in need for water. Honestly I wonder, that we hadn't already forest fires in my home territory (Black Forest) ... I can't believe that trickle rain a few minutes every few week, could prevent the worst case ... Surprisingly, our hens laid their eggs masterful mostly 4 eggs in 7 days (our Chicken Coop is located between trees, so the hens had it much more comfortable as many human beings - in heated up cities ... In fact this HOT summer was the main reason, that so many things had more priority.
Everywhere You had to sweat like a melting ice block ... Our sleeping rooms were finally the best place to stay for "the siesta day time" ... except the air conditioned car. Until yet, the people in our living area don't use air condition indoor. I guess, this will change ...

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Moderator2 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 101 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box