I used the search function but could not find what I wanted.

I know that bloom can be washed off an egg, but how easily? How tough is bloom? HOw sticky is it? Does it have any qualities that can survive light washing? Note I said LIGHT washing. I am pretty sure that intense water pressure, agitation, hard scrubbing or soap of any sort will remove bloom.

But what if you just submerge eggs in very warm water, gentley finger rub any dirty bits and let them air dry. What percentage of bloom might still remain on the egg?

I have not been able to find any information on bloom removal with different kinds of washing techniques. I know we all have our own ideas, but I am seeking hard data. I guess I would like the data to support my view (what a surprise) that you can very lightly clean an egg and some bloom may remain on the shell. My thinking is that anything that happens inside a chicken is mucous based. Mucous is slime. Having had dogs who produce copious amounts of drool (slime, mucous) and found this dog product glopped on various surfaces, I have learned that removing dry slime is harder than you think!

So applying my knowledge that dog drool is not simply wiped up but must be vigorously scrubbed/scraped off a wall...I have to think that chicken bloom slime, while much thinner, can withstand a fleeting encounter with water, if handled with care. But again...I need the hard evidence and I can't find it.