Uno, it is so good to hear from you. You are never too far from my thoughts and I have always appreciated your great sense of humour. I have been busy in chicken world, trying to breed some red columbian wyandottes and have at last begun to get some good results. Haven't quite stabilized the colour yet, but then Gold laced and silver laced are never quite consistent so I am not at all disappointed. The last colt that was here was finally sold last year. (a huge relief as he was getting pretty bolshi) He sold at the ready to run sale for $35,000 and I think he went to Australia. We ended up pretty annoyed with his owner for taking absolute advantage of us, even borrowing our horse float to move him off the place for the last time, without asking us if he could use the float. I guess in the end, we wouldn't have said no, as we were too relieved to see him gone. We have spent the last 12 months trying to restore the wrecked pasture and rid it of a serious weed problem. Nice to see it looking good this month after our drought broke and there is a lot of rye and clover re-emerging.
If we do take in horses for grazing again, it will be short term leases of spelling racehorses, (no colts) and only in months when it is not wet, like in the winter.
Been pretty tired this month with a sick calf in the stable. vets are at a loss as to what is wrong with him apart from a high temp of 41.1 c and scouring. He's back on a "top shelf" antibiotic for the next week, so it remains to be seen if he improves.
Uno, will drop you a personal line soon as I can. I miss our "chats"