OK. I have an RIR rooster. He's about 6 months old, and I'm not sure what to do here.

A couple months ago, unprovoked, he came after me while I was doing the food and water in the pen. He'd never shown any sign of aggression before that. He gave me a good bruise and broke the skin on my arm, and was coming back for more, when I kicked out at him. He went after my foot, which luckily was protected by my farm boots. I got away from him, and closed the door. Hubby came home, couldn't believe it, put his hand out to the rooster and nothing. No aggression. Me? I just moved closer to the pen and he was trying to get me. So hubby went in, grabbed him, and held him while I petted him (rooster, not hubby :>). He was fine. Once he was down, he was aggressive again. A few minutes later, we noticed a missing broiler. We checked in the coop, and he had died sometime during the day. We got him out, and the next day, the rooster wasn't aggressive anymore. We assumed that maybe he was trying to protect the dead chicken or something. Grasping at straws.

That was a couple months ago. Last night, while letting them out to graze (just me, hubby wasn't home), this rooster started doing something that I'm not sure of. He kept seeking me out, would come about two feet from me - just out of range, and would scratch, hunker down, and flip his wing down to the ground. While he was doing that, he had his head sideways, cocked down, facing me. It almost looked like he was challenging me. He never came at me, but I didn't give him the chance, either. Is this something that I need to 'nip in the bud'? Is it aggression or is this rooster love talk?? I don't have a clue.

Thanks!
C