I have four female chickens that are about 6 months old. Last week I got a rooster (silky bantam X Red Barred Rock). He's about 2 or 3 months old. I have him in a separate run that shares a wire wall with the other run. They've checked each other out through the wire and the girls really got upset (one in particular). They would strut next to him, peck through the wire, and make lots of noise. My girls get to go out into the yard every day for a little free range and after about 5 or 6 days I let the rooster out also. They pretty much ignored him until he got near them and then they'd chase him and try to peck at him. Well, we did this for a couple of days and then they were starting to get better and so last night when the girls went in to go to bed I put the rooster in their pen. He went right into the coop, found a spot and layed down to sleep. No one made a fuss. This morning the girls were out in the pen but he was still lying in his corner in the coop. When I shooed him out into the run the girls cornered him and started to peck at him very badly. I pulled him out and put him back into his own run. I really want them to be able to live together. What do I do?? Will they ever accept him? confused